Fl studio recording

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
So Im just getting into using a midi keyboard with Fl Studio. When I record notes on the keyboard, it will only record one note in each pattern. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
So Im just getting into using a midi keyboard with Fl Studio. When I record notes on the keyboard, it will only record one note in each pattern. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?
I don't use FL Studio but is there some sort of setting for overdubbing? Something like in Ableton where you have to enabled overdubbing otherwise you keep recording over the current recording.

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
Figured out the problem. The main snap/quantization/step edit was set to a bar so forgive me but im a noob on music theory but it was recording everything as whole notes. I think thats right lol. Basically it was making each note a whole bar.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Figured out the problem. The main snap/quantization/step edit was set to a bar so forgive me but im a noob on music theory but it was recording everything as whole notes. I think thats right lol. Basically it was making each note a whole bar.
LOL. It happens. When I first started with Ableton I couldn't understand why I kept recording over my previous recording. At that point I thought either Ableton sucked or I was stupid. Anyway glad you figured it out!

members online