Fruity Loops 3 Vs 4 vs 5

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
The only reason you would prefer a earlier version is because it's a crack. It really makes no sense to earlier version otherwise.

Phiba Optix

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
5 Without a doubt! The new timestretching tools are the shit... Also in the very latest version that I got they made some minor adjustments to the zoom functions and the snap box. Which are very helpful.

Holla

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
StressWon said:
shit man, that shit fucked on me too,,,last night when i was finishin the final touches on my Beat This Beat,,,thats some shit!

I feel that, that shit happened to me today (not with a beat this beat though)... And i was using 4, I think i got a virus or someshit though... I swear, i gotta get me a laptop for internat usage and keep my desktop for Strictly Music..

MaZaMuNe

AKA Westnyle Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
theres some cracked versions of fruity loops where they deliberately plant it so that your FLPs will come up corrupted, I know this because of the 5.0 XXL edition which has been floating around, after 3 months of use it corrupts all the flps that it makes after that time, so either the cracker rigged it or imageline did something

Retro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
FL 5 for sure. Hopefully there is a FL 5.5 upgrade in the not to distant future because i do believe that FL 5 has some stability issues, well 5.01 anyway. 5.02 is better tho.

ill o.g.
5 man 5, and 5.0.2
event the small feature enhancements from 5.0.1 to 5.02 are wicked, let alone the enhancements of 5 over any older version.
as someone mentioned the timestretch is beautiful, the fpc, the level scale tool (5.0.2),
automation clips, too much more to mention. i can feel the people that have cracked version of newer ones that fuck up and crash and shit, my 5.0.2 xxl bugs out oncew in a while too, but its worth it. havent had corrupted flps yet. solution: BUY it!!!
if it breaks or fucks up your shit then at least you will be able to complain to imageline and have them do something about it. just the price-quality scale is awesome, its a complete studio you can do pretty much everything in and then some, and its dirt cheap man.
i know im gonna be buyin it when i get some more dough.,
peace

ill o.g.
you mean the snapping?

look at the little selection box at the top right labeled snap and set it to line...
this was in 4 but was set to line by default. in version 5.0.2, you can have individual snap settings, one for your piano roll, one for the playlist, and a global one.