Fruity loops users

johnbeans

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
I have numerous questions reguarding fruity loop usage, so any feed back or ideas will be great. My main question is, if there is anyone that does, or knows how to midi a keyboard thru fruity loops and which midi controller would be the best for the job, and how to go about midi'ing to FL.

Thanks a bunch other questions will be asked soon

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey man,

the first thing you need to do is read the FL User Manual and Getting Started guide.

They are available for free at www.flstudio.com

you'll find the answer to some of your questions by doing that

the other thing I recommend is (unless you have already done so) buying the Producers version of FL. Not only will you get lifetime upgrades by doing that, but you get access to teh FL forum where you will find answers to ALL your questions

peace and good luck

johnbeans

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
no doubt, thanks,

I know I may seem slow and dumb, and I can find these also on sites, but in your or some one's words, wut is the difference in fl producer edition, vs. the other ones, if anyone knows,

Also has anyone out there linked FL w/ a MPC yet, if so, how did u like it

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
basically their are three editions

1. FL Express and Normal edition (has all the basic features)

2. FL Producer Edition (all the basic features with improved AUDIO, MIXER and AUTOMATION options)

3. FL XXL (same as Producer Edition but comes bundled with some additional plugins)

here's the comparison list;

http://www.e-officedirect.com/FLStudio/documents/SUB_75.html

actually after rechecking teh cpmparison list - I recommend the XXL edition, some of the plugins like SOUNDFONT PLAYER and DRUMSYNTH LIVE (as well as a few of the others) are very useful and are well worth getting

and yeah you can hook up an MPC to FL or you can use an MPD which is what I have (the pads of the MPC) - check my avatar

peace

johnbeans

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
aye man, appreciate that alot, and that link was very very helpful, and I told my man that I seen in a music store that there are drum pads like da mpc that are alone, w/o all da mpc stuff, he did nt believe me and I did not know the name, but thanks man, I'll prob have some more dumb/slow questions, but it's a great help and I'll always remember that from u pimpin, be safe.

members online