Greetings from OxCity

justcantwin

New to the community. New to making beats.

Have been involved in music for quite sometime, mostly punk/hardcore, but would consider myself well versed in hip hop as well. I recently purchased an Akai MPK Mini MKII to make an attempt at producing some music for myself, and possibly others to enjoy. Came looking for this community to get my work critiqued in the future and pick up some pointers on gear/programs.

Thanks in advance for anything I get out of this community.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome! That's interesting that you're coming from a punk/hardcore background. I don't think we've ever had anyone like that. Were you always a Hip Hop fan?

justcantwin

Welcome! That's interesting that you're coming from a punk/hardcore background. I don't think we've ever had anyone like that. Were you always a Hip Hop fan?
Yeah, my parents had me growing up on listening to oldies/funk and it progressed into hip hop naturally. It has always been a main interest of mine, but when it comes to music I have been a part of actually creating, its mostly been punk/hardcore.

KCee

Battle Points: 4
I came up in the church and listening to hip hop. I took a interest in writing and music production while still in high school. I started on the piano and progressed to the drums. I been making beats since 2005 and have learned everything i know from just playing with programs to you tube and other sites online i think i gotten pretty good at it and i would love to be where i can listen and learn new things so i can improve on my skills and get critique to see where i need to concentrate more time to. I really hope to benefit from all the different styles and backgrounds on this site.

members online