Guitar Hero and DJ Hero DLC Coming to an End

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
All good things come to an end...

Soon after Activision Blizzard announced it would scale back its entire music-based video game business due to declining profits, Shacknews contacted the publisher to find out whether its current crop of music titles would continue to see DLC support. At the time, Activision Blizzard declined to comment.
It now appears that both titles will soon see its stream of DLC come to an end.

In a post on the official DJ Hero website entitled "Guitar Hero Franchise Update FAQ," the site tackles a few inquires regarding the cancellation of a new Guitar Hero and the slimming of the entire Activision Blizzard music game business.

One question--"Are you still going to make new DLC for Guitar/DJ Hero?"--offered this response:

We will release the previously announced DLC track and mix packs for February, but--unfortunately--we will not be able to release new DLC packs beyond what we already have.
The FAQ goes on to explain that rapid declines in the music genre over the last two years have overshadowed the demand for products, such as Guitar Hero and DJ Hero. "Unfortunately, based on current demand, we simply cannot continue to profitably make these games given the considerable licensing and manufacturing costs," the post says. The post reassures fans that both games will still be supported by Activision Blizzard customer service as will its existing DLC. Both titles will also continue to be sold in stores.

Due to the cuts made to Activision Blizzard's music business, "approximately 500 employees" throughout the company will lose their jobs by March 31, 2011.

In a Form 8-K report, Activision Blizzard notes one developer will be shut down due to the music game related restructuring plan; however, the publisher declined comment when Shacknews inquired which developer would be shuttered.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
It would be smarter for them to start using indie music on these things.
Promo for the groups and cheaper for the game company..

the yunguns would never buy it. unfortunately if wayne, drake or nikki minaj is not a feature on a record it aint selling.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
It would be smarter for them to start using indie music on these things.
Promo for the groups and cheaper for the game company..

I wouldn't buy it if it was some shit that I didn't know was going to be good or not....

I loved rock band and I enjoyed playing the good songs....

How do you know if these up and comers are going to have decent records?

At least I know that QOTSA's "Go with the flow" was a dope record and I always wanted to play the drums on that record....and I finally got my wish when Rock Band 1 came out...... <--one of the main reasons why these games became such a huge success at first.

They need to just go away from the music part and gear towards doing something with xbox's kinect....