Hardware sounds?

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I haven't been having much luck w/ the software samplers/synths i get...was wondering if it's worth buying something like the yamaha motif rack xs For sounds or if there's any real difference in the quality of software sounds and hardware sounds...I like the convenience of software not taking up space in my lab but i'm looking for a new sound, and all these software synths are starting to sound the same to me...
I guess it's worth the extra time to make a instrument sound right but i'd like to start at a point that requires less tweaking before the sound is ready to go...

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Dear god no, especially not a Motif. That thing is played out. Get some Spectrasonics, or learn how to program synths yourself. NOW if you had said you wanted to get a real Moog then maybe....But no, I can get any sound I want out of software, in fact it can do better than hardware. Any day of the week. Seriously.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
lol.. i wouldnt say the sounds are "played out", but i will say u might go thru them rather quickly if u cant tweak them as often as u would like... the Spectrasonics is def. a good choice if u go the software route.. ive always been a person that needs to tweak his sounds and create new ones, so look into the virtual analog hardware synths (knobs, knobs, and more knobs) if u wanna make ur own original sounds.. every machine i use now except for the Beat Thang has this feature.

da relic

2infamouz

ill o.g.
My main go to synth plugins are nexus 2 , predator and tone2 gladiator. would something like omnisphere be a step up ? or maybe some of Ni's software ?

toryhooks

Battle Points: 122
My main go to synth plugins are nexus 2 , predator and tone2 gladiator. would something like omnisphere be a step up ? or maybe some of Ni's software ?
BRO BRO BRO.......if you have Nexus with expansions, you have no right to say your not having any luck with that samplers, also with gladiator. Bro you can do wonders with them. Keep grinding with it, those are my main go to vst's and i can burn through people with tracks made with them.

2infamouz

ill o.g.
BRO BRO BRO.......if you have Nexus with expansions, you have no right to say your not having any luck with that samplers, also with gladiator. Bro you can do wonders with them. Keep grinding with it, those are my main go to vst's and i can burn through people with tracks made with them.

i know you can get dope sounds out of those vst's , i mean listen to my beats...but im looking for a less synthetic sound...Like some orchestra ish that don't sound like a synth. Or i guess, whats a good way to make a synthetic brass/string sound more natural?

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
GEt Xhun Audio's Little One, that is one sweet synth. It's an analog emulation synth modeled after the Moog Little Phatty.

By Analog emulation its meant that, very much like the oscillators in Analog Synths that Moog stands by, it doesn't produce the exact same flat tone sound every time. It's oscillator acts like a real oscillator with its slight changes, slight detuning, slight shifts here and there.

And its cheap.

Another synth I really like is MaikMeinz TranceDrive. But its not much in the light of presets, so you'll have to have some know how when it comes to designing your synth sounds.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Oh man if you want realistic orchestra sounds hardware is ABSOLUTELY the wrong way to go. You need to #1 learn about orchestral arranging/micing (this takes a long time and lots of study but is very rewarding) I worked my butt off and finally was able to make something like this http://soundcloud.com/drunk-pedestrians/a-hero-must-endure but it still sucks!

#2 check out plugins like Symphobia 2 it is amazing! Of course east/west and Albion from Spitfire. But man the rabbit hole is deep my friend!

2infamouz

ill o.g.
Oh man if you want realistic orchestra sounds hardware is ABSOLUTELY the wrong way to go. You need to #1 learn about orchestral arranging/micing (this takes a long time and lots of study but is very rewarding) I worked my butt off and finally was able to make something like this http://soundcloud.com/drunk-pedestrians/a-hero-must-endure but it still sucks!

#2 check out plugins like Symphobia 2 it is amazing! Of course east/west and Albion from Spitfire. But man the rabbit hole is deep my friend!

Alright ill def check it out, east/west is cool but for some reason it gets real glitchy on my pc...cant b my specs im running 24 gb's of ram and 3.2 quadcore with 4 virtual cores ...dunno. thanks for the advice n BTW that does not suck its pretty epic bro

^^^ i agree... unless u know how to play, ur better off goin software, where the sounds have already been deeply layered and panned with all the sounds u need.

da relic
yehh i cant learn string / brass instruments i dont have time.. all i know how to play is the piano and bass guitar ;\ Maybe its worth looking into paying someone that can play to record some pieces ive composed then arrange them in a daw lol

members online