Hardware Vs Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Equality 7-2521

im trina work out if i should get an MPC 2000xl.

I was thinking it might make the beat making process a little simpler and a bit more fun since it is more hands on and not looking at a computer screen all the time.

Will someone compare Reason 2.0 to an MPC 2000xl for me...

cheers

E

Equality 7-2521

cheers soundboy...that was a good read and has reinforced that an MPC might be the way to go for me....

ill still be pondering it for a bit though

B

BeatOff

That article said software does not have pads? Well the Akai MPD 16 does and works perfect with reason. Its really what you're more comfortable with, i've worked on both and I dont see whats so much "Funner" about using hardware than soft. I had a 2000XL and compared to reason I could only do 1/1000000th of what reason does. If you enjoy making beats either way should be fun. Creating new shit is "Fun".

P.S dont get fooled into the Hardware gives you that "Warm" sound nonsense or the drums hit harder on hardware etc. Its all bullshit.

E

Equality 7-2521

beatoff.....im more concidering hardware for two main reasons. First i thought i might be able to learn how to use it quicker and be able to bang out more beats overall. and second i think it might solve my problem of getting tired as fuck looking at the computer screen for so long.

you said you find that you can do so much more with reason.....can you give me a few examples which are very prominant in your style of production?

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
actually u CAN do more in reason....only way i would take an mpc over reason is if i had other supporting hardware like a dope ass keyboard workstation or hardware styth or something where u could create on...plus reason is cheap as hell compared to an mpc...if u already got reason, i would rather keep saviin and get some serious hardware keyboards....like fantom s or themighty mighty vsynth......if u locked 2 dudes, equal skill in a room, gave them sample cds, and see what they could make, the guy using reason would murder the mpc

E

Equality 7-2521

holmzini......so do you think reason is better quality simply because you can create sounds in it?

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i didnt say better quality...they got equal qulaity.....a sample is a sample......i said better value.... i dont see a good reason to spend that much money on somethin just because you "enjoy pounding the buttons" thats all...i like to think economically

E

Equality 7-2521

k i get it.

fade...sorry, ive done some searching. delete this thread if you wish

C

Copenhagen

Seeing that Mr. Messenger found what he seeked, and that we've already had several threads like this, I'm closing this thread for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.