HELP!!!!!!

MPC Renaissance:
This is my first piece of hardware ever owned and I am a rookie producer with much to learn. I have downloaded a few free drum kits to use that give me many drum sounds and now I am looking to implement keyboards into my beats. I don't know how to do so. Do I have to buy a midi controller to do this or no? I would also appreciate if anyone could please give me some recommended drum kits. This would really mean alot to me! Someone please help me out :help:

P Aesthetic

I don't own a renaissance but a cheap little midi keyboard would give you what you want as far as keyboard noises go. You can also sample a keyboard note and spread it over 16 pads, with the 16 levels tuning option selected, but I don't know if that'll be ideal for what you're wanting though

cicciosound

Hi there, I don't own an mpc at the moment but I used too own an MPD 32, I went trough the same problem and you know what? I started to research for a keyboard, because if you try to reproduce the keyboard feel with pads honestly in my opinion it doesn't sound right. I use the Alesis V61, and I absolutely love it, because it's simple, it has pre-built pads and 61 key with the mod and pitch wheel. It's very affordable and it works just fine. The only thing you need though is a DAW to be able to play from it.

Since you said to have a lot to learn here is an article I've done that talks about MPC, MPD and keyboard, have a look, it may helps you.
Let me know how u go man !!
https://allmusicandproducing.com/index.php/producing/mpd-mpc-mpk-keyboard/

All the best

members online