1. The results of the Warzone Beat Battle are in! See what went down.

HERE IS A LESSON ON WHY RAPPERS AREN'T RICH

1. DEEZ BEATZ

DEEZ BEATZ

PRODUCER ELITE..NUFF SAID
    Battle Points:
    You Want To Know How The Music Business Really Works...people ask me why i don't want to sign with a label...i will have more money being independant than any signed artist...PEEP THIS

phantonez, OGBama and Drago Zetić like this.
  2. OGBama

OGBama

ILLIEN
    Thanks for this @DEEZ BEATZ and I hate the perception that people assume there is a lot of money in music. I think major or indie, signed or unsigned it comes down to separating the reality of the business from the Hollywood and/or pop culture portrayal.

Drago Zetić and DEEZ BEATZ like this.
  3. Drago Zetić

Drago Zetić

Making samples and FL Studio sing.
    Battle Points:
    @DEEZ BEATZ Now that was a great watch. I already knew a little bit about advances from labels and was always skeptical towards the way big rappers keep buying stupid expensive shit, but this guy really broke it down well - guess the flexing really is nothing more than an impulsive act a lot of them don't control.

DEEZ BEATZ and OGBama like this.
  4. OGBama

OGBama

ILLIEN
    @Drago Zetić the flexing is for keeping up appearances a.k.a. image.

5. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    These labels have been doing this forever. I remember hearing stories of artists in the 50s and 60s that got big time screwed because back then they REALLY had no clue. It's a shame that it's still going and an even bigger shame that artists still don't know what they're getting into.

The upside is artists today have an option to do it solo via the internet. It's not the same obviously, but at least the option is there.

But this is why you can't believe all the stuff you see in videos. Think about it - some rapper that not many have heard of is in a video with a Lamborghini - really? It's obviously rented. Jewelery? Rented. Reminds me of this:

That video is hilarious but the Roots were showing us back then that it's all about image.

Some other really great insight is from Jazzy Jeff. Check these:

DEEZ BEATZ likes this.
  6. DEEZ BEATZ

DEEZ BEATZ

Battle Points:
    I have been trying to enlighten artists about the business.. it's not what it appears to be..very cut throat system controlled by suits and not hoodies and bling

OGBama likes this.
  7. DEEZ BEATZ

DEEZ BEATZ

Battle Points:
    @Fade , awesome stories...yeah Fade, the cars, the jewelry and the money they be throwing up in those videos I have the same fake money..we call it blue money..it looks real af on both sides from a glance but up close you can see it's fake...but that's what they want the new generation to be fooled and dumbed down...a lot of the mishaps is lack of business knowledge really...the suits blind them with money ,fame and attention..but they are not going to explain the business side to these young artists at all. So industry pimping is still going strong for 50 or 60 yrs now...we really need to help our youth group their priorities straight

OGBama and Fade like this.
  8. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    I would love to actually hear a story of an artist who's smart with their money. Then they get an advance and just bank it and not touch it. Then when it's time to pay it back they just give it back LOL.

"Ok so you still owe us that $100,000 advance". "Ok here you go".

OGBama, Drago Zetić and DEEZ BEATZ like this.
  9. OGBama

OGBama

ILLIEN
    DEEZ BEATZ likes this.
  10. OGBama

OGBama

ILLIEN
    @Fade I hate how in today's era everyone wants to be a one woman or one man band literally thanks to the misguided concept of going solo.

11. OGBama

OGBama

ILLIEN
    This is the mentality I'd have in an earlier era.