Here's a site to check out

RedRayn

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
making it in the music biz is pure luck in my view. I hear TONS of underground artists that are much better than the mainstream artists. It really depends on who you know. Eminem wouldn't even EXIST if Dr Dre never listened to him. It all get's down to the point of getting the right person to hear your stuff. Shyne did a verse over the phone to puff and got signed, wtf?! I don't know how Timbaland found Bubba Sparxxx tho...

But if you need to get a bigger fan base... You gotta give it your all, eventhough there is a High chance of you Not blowing up, you can still sell 5 to 10 thousand albums. I've seen it done. And I'm on that road as well. I'm set to do some stuff with Castro and other well known underground artists pretty soon, i'll keep everybody posted.

But being dedicated is really what it's all about.

Oh.. i haven't check out that site yet, lol, i just thought I would state an opinion of mine, anybody else agree?

N

Njoy

Yo Rayn,

I feel you on that shit. Alot is pure luck because there's so much wackness out there its not even funny.

But if you work hard at what you do you will succeed no doubt.

Yo thats a cool site Fade. Good lookin out.

laterz.

L

LarryBones

No. It was far from luck that Dr. Dre heard Eminem... he did all kinds of contests, spit freestyles on the radio, got in the unsigned hype column in the Source, etc etc.

It's more about hard work than skills even. I'm sure there's cats out there 1000% more talented than Eminem but they're sittin at home complaining instead of pushin their shit to everyone they can find.

members online