How I made the west coast beat from Battle That

this post is mainly for 2good but I thought y'all can use it too. the beat was originally called "I See Some Homies ova here" (quick easter egg; it wasn't "Homies" at first)

• Drums all came from the packs that fade posted Here. basically a strong low end kick, a Chakhy snare layered with a really quiet stacked hand clap, regular hi hat with a bit low end and a tambourine with a whole lotta reverb. and a really basic cymbal too.
  • a Hard ass piano, one for Octaves 2 to 4, another for 7 to 8, both with boosted high ends and another quiet one for 6 to 7 as a filler.
  • like 21 violins stacked for pad, high octaves, quiet with a lil boosted high end.

the rest (90% of the beat basically) comes from morphine from Fl Studio default VSTs

• Main chord: "PAD Total 90s FG"
  • The countermelody thingy: "LED Ice Cube MC" (I had a 76% Wet fl default reverb on it too)
  • The MEOW thing: "LED Acidsynth NUC" (if you never let it go to silence and stretch out the note a little extra so it overgoes above the next note a little, it'll glide it and won't MEOW and actually turns to a decent west coast pad)
  • Bass: "BAS Synth Bass Wub NUC" (on 2 octaves & Glides)
  • I didn't get to use it in the beat, but just in case you need an extra pad: "LED Ice Cube MC Melted"
  • and finally, THE ONE lead y'all love: LED Surf & Solo FG

That's it. that's the whole beat. All Love, and since I hadn't got to say it yet, Congrats on the win @2GooD Productions !

Last edited: