how many hours in the lab?

How many hours per week are you grinding?

• Total voters

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I saw a similar poll on Future Producers recently and i'm curious to see how illmuzik compares, so...

how many hours a week, on average, are you working on your music (or improving it i.e. sitting down and learning the piano, etc)? on average means what you really do consistently- not during one really hardworking week!

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
if i had a decent computer and software i'd be getting so much more done is much less time. i'd probably still spend as many hours or more since it wouldn't be so frustrating.

if i didn't live in such a noisy house i'd probably spend twice as much time working on stuff. kinda sucks when you can't hear everything in the music you are making.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i voted 30-40 but now that i think about it, i shoulda voted 20-30 cuz things don't go as planned.

i work and go to school from 7am to 7:15pm

get home around 8.. and immediatly jump on the beats till 12.

so thats 4 hours mon - fri = 20 hours.

weekends at least 10 hours each day = 20 hours

so thats 40 hours altogether, but i'm usually at work late, passin out when i get home sometimes, and shit like that

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah I work on something every day but it's never a set amount of hours so I voted 20 - 30.

Daikomo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm still in school so my time is limited...when i'm done wit the degree then i can put more time in.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Im in the lab whenever I have some free time, 1 to 6 hours a week. Its tough when you work full-time plus have a kid. Word of advice, dont get married of have kids unless you have too :) Just kidding

Im in the lab whenever I have some free time, 1 to 6 hours a week. Its tough when you work full-time plus have a kid. Word of advice, dont get married of have kids unless you have too :) Just kidding
I hear that. When I was with my ex, she almost destroyed my music career. She always wanted my time, and then there was 3 kids to bring up also. Things didnt work out with me and my "ex" and my music starting improving rapidly once we split up(as I was now able to put the hours in). Not that im recommending splitting up or anything. But usually when there is women involved it usually means compromise and "compromise with women"="do what they want". Im looking for that respectful girl out there that understands that nothing comes between me and my music.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I hear that. When I was with my ex, she almost destroyed my music career. She always wanted my time, and then there was 3 kids to bring up also. Things didnt work out with me and my "ex" and my music starting improving rapidly once we split up(as I was now able to put the hours in). Not that im recommending splitting up or anything. But usually when there is women involved it usually means compromise and "compromise with women"="do what they want". Im looking for that respectful girl out there that understands that nothing comes between me and my music.

HAHAHA Agreed!
I married hiphop in 84 and we never broke up, I tried to leave her the first time I heard zeplin but after about a week or so I couldnt eat or sleep and was havin nightmares so I threw in some RUN-DMC (rock box I think) and it was like jumping in a cool pool on a hot day.
I have told every female since the music was here before you and will be here after you.
Currently my gf now is perfect with it, she encourages me and helps alot with it, even if I need someone to sing on somthing she can provide..But shes a keeper cuz the rest of em were a serious problem.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
I'm still in school so my time is limited...when i'm done wit the degree then i can put more time in.

sorry, but being in school and having limited time just dont go togther .. u think ur schedule is hectic now wait till ur work kicks in .. in college i had way too much time on my hands... unless ur in medical school or lawschool u can make time man... its not going to get easier once u graduate trust me...

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
sorry, but being in school and having limited time just dont go togther .. u think ur schedule is hectic now wait till ur work kicks in .. in college i had way too much time on my hands... unless ur in medical school or lawschool u can make time man... its not going to get easier once u graduate trust me...

REALLY!!! I had all the time in the world in college, and i majored in Computer Science. I think as long as your single even if your outa school and working, you can put more then enough time in the lab. But once the kids start droppin, shes not going to let you work on beats while shes handlin the kids with no help. Trust me on that, im speaking from experience.

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.

Yo, i kind of feel you. You just got to try to balance the time. I had to learn the hardway. One time, my wife came in and hit the main switch to all my equipment. I was tight because i just had chopped up a dope sample. But i deserved it because i've been in the lab all week and haven't seen her except for a few hours a day. She's very supportive, but i the same time, she's human and is only going to take so much. Oh, did i mention that i have a daughter that's a "daddy's girl". So you know she always wants to be under her daddy. Like "Ash" said, it's not how much time, but what you do with it...Most of my time is just sitting and listening to records. (Front to back) I may go two to three days without making a track. I just sit, turn on the records and vibe looking for a break. Once i find the breaks, i won't make the track just yet. I just put the records that i intend to use off to the side. I let everything come to me. I don't force tracks...

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125

COSIGN DAT!!!!!

I wish i had more time for music. between a full time job, wifey, n kids, shit is hectic. I try to stay on a set schedule where every Monday night, Wednesday night, and one day on da weekend we workin on something wit my partner or n artist.

If you stick to the schedule, then you know youll get some stuff done at least.

School. HAHAH. That was my problem, I had WAY TOO MUCH TIME back then!!!

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i put 20 to 30 i would do more but my wife and kids needs some attention too plus i work 50 hour a week my kids got to eat

HDBEATS

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I am currenty working an going to school an i still manage to get in atleast 2-3 hours of work done a night.. if i go without working on any tracks i lose my touch

members online