Tutorials How to Hide Your Music Samples in Plain Sight

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
Battle Points: 15
Hmm it's a hard part yes. When i did sound design we got some info into this aswell. It's really sick if you make a hit with a sample in it that's not yours and you just took it without premission and put it in your beat and lets say it hits number 1 spot in your country. The producer of that sample or label or whatever finds out you used that sample without premission they can take 50-80 % of the total income of that number one hit so lets say you got 1 mill for that hit 80-50 % goes to the sample maker. But the easiest way to still use that sample is to adjust it somehow. Even a little more reverb or compression or EQ and than the sample is not like a total copy anymore so it is their sample but not how they made it you adjusted it by yourself..

C4NTK33P5T1LL

Paying My Dues With I O U's
Battle Points: 71
May Be A Daft Question But Does Metadata Come Into Play In The Process Of "Sample Scanning" .Here's An Example :
Say If I Used A Loop I Cut Out From A Obscure Piece Of Music Filtered EQ Re-Timed/ Re-Pitched Sliced It Shuffled It Stitched Back Together Mixed In My Own Composition Into It etc Would It Be Instantly Identifiable To Some Computer Programme , I'm Curious To The Part
(If Any) Metadata Or Computer Software Programmes Play In
The Sampling Witch Hunt

Undersound

Battle Points: 2
In my case it depends on the sample. If it already sounds great, why would I changed it? One can't just get away from a great sample, sounding beautifully. Sometimes it's very hard to create something that sounds awesome so all you gotta do is stick to the original sample. But like some folks here, if it's a piano, sax or brass sample, I chop the whole sample up to 4 or 8 bars, and play it to get different notes, with some EQ and pitch on it just to trynna have a good sound. In most cases you can identify what song I sampled from, I usually dont alter the sample that much.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 7
May Be A Daft Question But Does Metadata Come Into Play In The Process Of "Sample Scanning" .Here's An Example :
Say If I Used A Loop I Cut Out From A Obscure Piece Of Music Filtered EQ Re-Timed/ Re-Pitched Sliced It Shuffled It Stitched Back Together Mixed In My Own Composition Into It etc Would It Be Instantly Identifiable To Some Computer Programme , I'm Curious To The Part
(If Any) Metadata Or Computer Software Programmes Play In
The Sampling Witch Hunt
I'm curious to know that too. you're the only other person I saw consider that. maybe if we use the software we think they might be using we can see how to break it.

Latest Beat It Up! Results
Beat #3
5 votes
Beat #2
5 votes
Beat #1
0 votes

ill resources