How To Start A Beat Album?

BeatBaker

Hello fellow producers,

I've been making Hip-Hop/R&B beats for about 7 years now (Using FL Studio) and I would like to put out beat albums of my best work, but I don't know where to start. From your experience/knowledge, should I become part of a label to do so, or go about it solo and use a music distributor such as Tunecore, or CDbaby..? Troyboi and Cavalier are both great examples, which, I've heard about through digital streaming platforms such as Spotify and Pandora.

I've tried reaching out to artists (by sending them a beat folder), whom say they would love to work with me, but they never follow through...it's time to spread my wings and stick to beat instrumentals and make a path for myself. If you have done it yourself, how did you go about it? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Peace

Hello fellow producers,

I've been making Hip-Hop/R&B beats for about 7 years now (Using FL Studio) and I would like to put out beat albums of my best work, but I don't know where to start. From your experience/knowledge, should I become part of a label to do so, or go about it solo and use a music distributor such as Tunecore, or CDbaby..? Troyboi and Cavalier are both great examples, which, I've heard about through digital streaming platforms such as Spotify and Pandora.

I've tried reaching out to artists (by sending them a beat folder), whom say they would love to work with me, but they never follow through...it's time to spread my wings and stick to beat instrumentals and make a path for myself. If you have done it yourself, how did you go about it? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Peace
@BeatBaker , my advice to you cause I have been putting out mixtapes with artists and just beats and honestly I don't wouldn't worry about trying to sell your album until you get a large fanbase... because your music will not get any attention if nobody knows who you are...so try uploading them to mixtape sites..there are quite a few that are free to upload...such as; topmixtapes.com, offtheave.com or audiomack.com these are good sites to see if your music is good enough to gain listeners and viewers to your album...if you can't generate over 1k views and plays then your not really ready to sell your music yet...a lot of people make the mistake of paying to have their music distributed but get disappointed when after a week they still have no plays or downloads and no sales...so try the free uploads and gain attention then once you consistently get over 1k plays and views a week by then you should consider selling your albums

Radin BR Music

@radinbrmusic
Battle Points: 90
BeatBaker, I am new to the game however I'll just express my opinion regardless of what others think. I kind of agree with DEEZ BEATS but I'll just add this:
Since you are making beats for 7 straight years this suggests that you most likely already have a fan base. I am not saying that you have millions of plays but I guess you have a couple of hundred/thousands watching and waiting for your sh*t to pop up. With this being said I don't think you have to wait any longer, just upload it and see what happens.

Last but not least you can try Distrokid, easy to use and cheap as hell(THIS IS NOT A PROMOTION). You take 100% of royalties and you pay only 19.99$ per year. I heard that Ludacris promoted his last album through them.

BeatBaker, I am new to the game however I'll just express my opinion regardless of what others think. I kind of agree with DEEZ BEATS but I'll just add this:
Since you are making beats for 7 straight years this suggests that you most likely already have a fan base. I am not saying that you have millions of plays but I guess you have a couple of hundred/thousands watching and waiting for your sh*t to pop up. With this being said I don't think you have to wait any longer, just upload it and see what happens.

Last but not least you can try Distrokid, easy to use and cheap as hell(THIS IS NOT A PROMOTION). You take 100% of royalties and you pay only 19.99$ per year. I heard that Ludacris promoted his last album through them.
I agree with @Radin BR Music , just go for it...I also use DistroKid & MondoTunes