I need your feedback

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 182
1. Why did you sign up here? I signed up 16 years ago, to be part of a community, to grow. I was new into beatmaking at that time and thought it would be cool to learn and get better. I dont remember how I got here, but got addicted quickly.
I remember there was a bigger forum for producing (I dont remember the name...) but I remember that being on here was so much better. It was smaller, but yet sooo busy. You had to clean the place many times lol but there was a lot of people welling to help and chat with others. I remember spending my entire days on here networking while I was in College. I got into a few argument, but ended up appreciating everyone. The best moment was the beat battles.
Honestly, Thanks to Illmuzik, I have met my mentor, but his account got deleted for not posting much (apparently). I have also met great friends here.
Life has changed terribly, not only music wise but internet wise as well. 16 years ago, The internet was a new tool, (I feel old now) we weren't receiving many emails like we do today. Before smartphone came in the market, you had all of our attention. lol

Also, nobody wanted to share their stuff, we had to crate digging for samples, crate digging for infos etc. I Myself was secretive lol. Now the information is just so available. Everything that used to work before might not be working today. Your members has grown. There's probably 1 Billion producers by now lol

Many here didn't wanted to make music as a career. There was a group of people that was only here to hang out, for the passion of music and creating low key. There was another group who really wanted to make it in the business and be able to build a career. I also know personally a few people who used to be here on Illmuzik has now more than 50K followers on IG and could definitely help to spread this community. Maybe Illmuzik could've stayed more in touch by being where the beatmaker where elsewhere online, or create a platform where producers could've make money by selling their beats here. I dont know.

Fade, I'm not a philosopher so I don't know why exactly Illmuzik have traffic but no posting, but I just think you have 200 people on here who just like to read but they don't feel like engaging themselves to do more then read. This forum is pure Gold. I wish I did things differently.

Artist, producers, engineers, youtubers, influencers even talk show host NEED to know what a great job you have done here, you have been so consistent. Thank You Fade!

Questions 2 to 5
2. Why do you not post your own threads?
3. Why do you not reply?
4. Why do you not vote in the battles?
5. Why do you not give feedback in the Showcase?

My English got bad. I lost it, unfortunately. I rather read then write.
Also, Life is what happen.
Musically Frustrated, trying to build another business on the side, loosing BOTH of my parents, Trying to catch up all my Daw's upgrades, trying to catch up the new game got me away from being here. I don't recognize any of my old peeps up here..
I log here like once a year or every 2 or 3 years... Time is money now. I got distracted by life.

I'm never in time for the battles. By the time im available, its already over.

6. Are you interested in meeting others that make beats?
Sure

7. Do you prefer social media? If so, why? Yes, but im not that active as I wished. I just like to scroll down images, watch a 30 sec video, a short story, but not reading a long discussion anymore. Maybe I need something different, go to a live event etc.

8. Are you interested in new software/hardware? 9. Are you interested in new Hip Hop?
If I'd like to know more about a specific subject, thanks to youtube, its the new school.
Thanks to NAMM or even the social media, we are informed.
Nowadays, A mentor or a professional in the business might have done a video, an interview or a documentary about it.

Warzone Beat Battle

OMAR.

I singend up to illmuzik because I was really interested to battles and networking to people.
I’m doin beats for 5 years so I’m quite new to the game. So I think it could be great to connect with other producer to learn.

Of course I support the community but I’m scared of the development hip hop makes. Now everyone makes Computer Roboter fl Studio trap type beats and add some 808. I think hip hop shouldn’t be that way.

Just my opinion

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 1
@KAMBOSLICE For the signups, they're open until we get 16 contestants OR until 8pm. 16 max for Warzone, I can't go more than that. I put until 8pm because if it ever happens where we don't get 16, I'll close it at 8pm anyway because I have to prepare everything.

For Beat This it's the same type of thing but I have it set to a max of around 30. Either way, your best bet is to always sign up as early as possible.

@Producer_GyaL Thanks for the feedback! What member got deleted? Some accounts were lost a few years ago because of stupid server issues, it could have been that.

Sorry to hear about your parents.

See that's the thing with this whole situation. ILL has been consistent all these years yet it's still like some sort of hidden secret. For example, if one of those producers with tons of social followers were to start mentioning us, it would drive a lot of people here. It's basically a popularity contest.

One of the other issues is that I've pretty much done this myself all these years. I wish I had people that could help out and dedicate a lot of their time (and knowledge/skills). I know I can't do it all.

OGBama

ILLIEN
1. At the time I was contemplating whether or not I should learn to make beats.
2. I post/have posted my own threads but they rarely get responded to en masse.
3. I reply mainly to Introduction threads as I like welcoming newbies to the community.
4. I don't vote 'cause I don't listen to anyone's beats.
5. I leave that to the experts who listen to members beats.
6. I wish I could.
7. I do but I hate FB, like IG when I come across producers playing instruments, discussing the business, etc. but I hate the memes, shock value e.g. social media beefs, TMZ/gossip site culture, etc. and I feel social media has turned and is turning people into narcissists.
8. I am though I don't produce.
9. I am but Trap needs to die a quick death and I'm an old head who ain't stuck in the 90s.

ArvinArmani

Obash Composer.
Battle Points: 67
  1. the battles seemed pretty cool, also first when i came here i thought this is an aggressive community like the people in fight club and/or 8 mile and i have to prove myself as a pro and win battles here to be respected :D so this was too attractive to me.
  2. I actually post a lot of threads.
  3. I do reply to a lot of threads.
  4. normally because i don't have a lot of time and there's a lot of beats. and MOST IMPORTANTLY there's ALWAYS a boom bap beat that wins, no matter how good the other types of beats are, and I'm not into boom bap that much so that makes me frustrated.
  5. well i don't have a lot to teach, I should be more into learning at this stage of beatmaking.
  6. Yes
  7. i kinda do, because it has a lot more content than illmuzik, there's not a lot of new articles/threads here and also it's more populated. but still i'm really into the illmuzik community more than the people on ig or fb, this place feels kinda cozy.
  8. not the hardware that the others are interested in, for sure. I've never seen a thread about midis and instruments here.
  9. i don't really like where we are going to, and i'm more into 00s hip hop, but still there are rappers that released good music recently, what we lost in the past years was the real thugs that had the art of rapping in their veins, but now mixes are more professional and less amateur music gets released.

In my opinion you should've mixed ILLMUZIK with the new social media @Fade , I'm sure you know by now what's always been my greatest concern for this community and what i Always wished for ; a greater population, the reason that the ill is too quiet right now is the population and i think you can fix it by mixing it with populated places. you know the ill deserves more attention than this, i mean we have weekly & annual Beat battles! what could be possibly be cooler than that ? what i suggest you is doing stuff like :
  1. Put battle polls on Youtube/Instagram live, and when the battles are over put them there as videos, this way people would want to join the ill and vote for a beat.
  2. Make a new battle and put it on Instagram, I've heard there are polls that people can vote in them, in ig. but that battle should be a minor battle so people would be attracted to the site to vote for major battles.
  3. If illmuzik got really populated, Make a new version of Warzone (for example call it w2), but this one should only start every time 13 other battles end, let the people who won the other battles since the last w2 in, and if the winners didn't respond to your mails, contact the runner-ups. then start an instagram poll that asks people who should we pick as the other 3 persons. this way the 16 man grand contest will start, and each voting poll lasts 2 days. hows that ?
there are a Lot of ideas in my mind and im sure you can think of more ideas, all you have to do is to direct them in the right way.

ArvinArmani

Obash Composer.
Battle Points: 67
1. Why did you sign up here? I signed up 16 years ago, to be part of a community, to grow. I was new into beatmaking at that time and thought it would be cool to learn and get better. I dont remember how I got here, but got addicted quickly.
I remember there was a bigger forum for producing (I dont remember the name...) but I remember that being on here was so much better. It was smaller, but yet sooo busy. You had to clean the place many times lol but there was a lot of people welling to help and chat with others. I remember spending my entire days on here networking while I was in College. I got into a few argument, but ended up appreciating everyone. The best moment was the beat battles.
Honestly, Thanks to Illmuzik, I have met my mentor, but his account got deleted for not posting much (apparently). I have also met great friends here.
Life has changed terribly, not only music wise but internet wise as well. 16 years ago, The internet was a new tool, (I feel old now) we weren't receiving many emails like we do today. Before smartphone came in the market, you had all of our attention. lol

Also, nobody wanted to share their stuff, we had to crate digging for samples, crate digging for infos etc. I Myself was secretive lol. Now the information is just so available. Everything that used to work before might not be working today. Your members has grown. There's probably 1 Billion producers by now lol

Many here didn't wanted to make music as a career. There was a group of people that was only here to hang out, for the passion of music and creating low key. There was another group who really wanted to make it in the business and be able to build a career. I also know personally a few people who used to be here on Illmuzik has now more than 50K followers on IG and could definitely help to spread this community. Maybe Illmuzik could've stayed more in touch by being where the beatmaker where elsewhere online, or create a platform where producers could've make money by selling their beats here. I dont know.

Fade, I'm not a philosopher so I don't know why exactly Illmuzik have traffic but no posting, but I just think you have 200 people on here who just like to read but they don't feel like engaging themselves to do more then read. This forum is pure Gold. I wish I did things differently.

Artist, producers, engineers, youtubers, influencers even talk show host NEED to know what a great job you have done here, you have been so consistent. Thank You Fade!

Questions 2 to 5
3. Why do you not reply?

My English got bad. I lost it, unfortunately. I rather read then write.
Also, Life is what happen.
Musically Frustrated, trying to build another business on the side, loosing BOTH of my parents, Trying to catch up all my Daw's upgrades, trying to catch up the new game got me away from being here. I don't recognize any of my old peeps up here..
I log here like once a year or every 2 or 3 years... Time is money now. I got distracted by life.

I'm never in time for the battles. By the time im available, its already over.

Sure

7. Do you prefer social media? If so, why? Yes, but im not that active as I wished. I just like to scroll down images, watch a 30 sec video, a short story, but not reading a long discussion anymore. Maybe I need something different, go to a live event etc.

8. Are you interested in new software/hardware? 9. Are you interested in new Hip Hop?
If I'd like to know more about a specific subject, thanks to youtube, its the new school.
Thanks to NAMM or even the social media, we are informed.
Nowadays, A mentor or a professional in the business might have done a video, an interview or a documentary about it.
I've red a lot of your posts, but never really saw you. really nice to see an ILL OG after a long while. I'm really Sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

Memento Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 141
1. Why did you sign up here?

I signed up for the battles. This is the most legitimate place I could find where the beat battles are organised regularly. The reason why I wanted to participate in battles was mostly the fact that I intended to test myself and my skills against others. I like rivalry and I remember that @DEEZ BEATZ wrote a very interesting post that battles help him boosting his creativity and also maintaining his skill.

Because most of the times, someone else has already posted something similar to me or the same thing that I was about to post. The forum has existed for several years now and I just want to avoid repetition of the same topics. Secondly, whenever I want to post some article somewhere I have to have a sense that it is well composed, it contains a valuable information, in short, it has to be something I find valuable to the others. I don't see a point in writing an article without a certain intent. And such approach requires a lot of time and honestly speaking I really look up to you @Fade that you created so many content here. It's amazing and it deserves respect. Furthermore, personally I'm open to many kinds of music. I don't listen only to rap/trap although I enjoy these genres. And it may be limiting in some way. Because I had an idea to create actually a series of threads that would for example review music albums. But frankly speaking, I'm not able to write only about rap. I know that this argument may be perceived as pointless because I'm aware that this is mainly a hip hop forum but I suggest opening a little bit on other genres of music. Just saying.

3. Why do you not reply?

When it comes to threads I participate in I always reply to comments which someone has tagged me in. I also reply to all messages (although I don't get them often ;) ).

I have to be frank here. I NEVER vote when I participate in the battle. But I try to vote when I don't participate. Unfortunately, sometimes I just don't have the time to do this. But whenever I do I try to place my vote. Especially in Beat It Up!

It also takes time to review the beats, write something constructive and currently I have a lot of things going on that are not connected with beatmaking. But there are connected with music in general sense. Theyconsume tremendous amount of my time as I'm preparing myself for something big this year but it's not associated with beatmaking. This is also the reason why I spend less time here on Illmuzik and I don't participate in battles. I'm just focused on other areas of music.

Yes, of course!!! But unfortunately in my opinion people here are not open enough to actually initiate the contact. Some of them yes, but mostly people here are reserved I'd say. Of course I speak for myself and I'm talking only about my experiences. But apart from the Meet Up that I participated in (which was very enjoyable) and a few other conversations that took place via direct messages my contact with others is quite limited. I realise that someone can say that I can also send a message to someone but I just don't feel the need to do it.

As far as the Meet Up is concerned, I didn't say it during the Meet Up but one thing was a real turn off for me. Once again, I'm coming back to the topics and genres that are respected here. For me a Meet Up should be a conversation about everything and anything. I know @Fade that you try to keep Illmuzik purely hip hop page that revolves around beat battles and beatmaking. And it is good but sometimes you should know where to stop. I mean when I took a look at the comment section below the Meet Up, nobody wrote anything about some tips and tricks for beatmaking but everybody was quite surprised that they had the opportunity to get to know other culture and other point of view. I felt really good when I read a comment "props to Memento Beats for making the way for the people from Europe". I received some messages after in which I was asked about singing and other stuff. It was very nice. It was a great opportunity to meet us from the other side. Not only beatmaking. And truthfully, when I heard that you planned to organise next Meet Up and you wanted to play beats during this it was a real turn off for me. I wasn't even interested in participating. There is so many things that revolve about reviewing/making beats here. If someone wants to get a review or the tips for beatmaking they can either participate in battles, upload their beats to "Attack of the Beats" and/or post them in the Showcase. It's organised weekly so I think everybody can get a chance to receive enough tips and tricks from everybody that is willing to review their productions. As I mentioned above, if you organise such a thing like Meet Up, I think it should be something that has a form of podcast in which you can discuss everything and anything with other members. Get to know them better. Get to know them as people not only about beatmakers/producers. This is what creates community. Off topics. But as I said that's just my personal view on this matter.

7. Do you prefer social media? If so, why?

I don't quite understand the question but I think the meaning is if I prefer visiting other social media like FB, Twitter, Instagram than being here on Illmuzik. If that's the point my answer is that I don't prefer FB or other social media. I think that I spend a comparable amount of time both on Illmuzik and FB. But on Facebook I have friends that I meet everyday. At work, in the gym, in the rehearsal room. The other thing is the fact that I can find there every kind of posts I'm interested in. Funny stuff, instructional stuff, did-you-know type of things, photos etc. But as I said, I spend really small amount of time on social media in general. It doesn't matter if it's this forum, FB or something else. I just don't need to do this frequently.

8. Are you interested in new software/hardware?

Not really.

9. Are you interested in new Hip Hop?
Yes, I am.

TACTIK

Master Flip
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 430
ILL April 10th 2019 Questions
1. Why did you sign up here? To share my beats
2. Why do you not post your own threads? Busy making beats
3. Why do you not reply? Didn't get an email yet
4. Why do you not vote in the battles? Because I wanna win or don't feel like listening to too many others then.
5. Why do you not give feedback in the Showcase? Didn't know it was that important for IllMuzik until now!
6. Are you interested in meeting others that make beats? Yes and making videos with my filmer video camera.
7. Do you prefer social media? If so, why? No, I'm usually underground.
8. Are you interested in new software/hardware? I finally saved up and bought ABLETON 10 SUITE and can use everything I've been trying to use like all the dope effects for samples (Warping/Transients), and DAWS like Spectrasonics Omnisphere, Massive, ect.
9. Are you interested in new Hip Hop? Not if the drums are just 808's

I'll try to keep this as short as possible, but I need as many members as possible to answer some questions.

I'm sure many of you are not used to forum software and are very used to social media. As you may have noticed, there are not a lot of posts here daily. You have to remember that years ago we were extremely busy on here, with tons of posts each day. Sometimes it got pretty wild with arguments, people banned, fake accounts, all kinds of stuff. But then social media came along and forums took a nosedive. Now everyone would rather just go on FB, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, etc to get their daily fix.

What you have to understand is a forum is a community, plain and simple. It's not a place to just browse and leave. You can do that if you wish, but a forum community is so important, especially for a niche like Hip Hop production. I know times change, but I've tried my best to change as well and keep up to date on everything. The forum software I'm using is much more modern than in the past, and I think it's great.

With that being said, I have some questions (the ones that apply to you):

(please answer with the number)
3. Why do you not reply?

Instead of asking what you like/don't like about IllMuzik, I thought I'd ask why you guys aren't participating in certain areas. I see many of you post in the Showcase regularly, so I'm wondering why you don't do that with other areas as well.

I really want to keep everything going but I'm at the point where I don't know what else can be done. Each day I see well over 200 guests lurking. Some sign up but then leave and don't hang around. I also see members log in every day but don't post. I'm stumped. one I feel the interface is a little difficult to use also I feel like you need to have separate categories such as maybe beginner intermediate and advanced beatmakers I also feel like there may be should be a community where I can post my beats with artwork and people can play in like them and comment on them may it be good comments or bad all feedback is good feedback I also feel like we should be able to put together a few like Artist as a crew or some kind of thing that way certain beatmakers can help each other out also baby contest with certain themes behind what kind of beat

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 89
I love to network with more people and plus this site format is easy and clean

I post a couple of threads a while ago. Maybe ill post some more in the future

3. Why do you not reply?
Sometimes I'm busy with personal life, or sometimes I can't think of anything to say

I'll admit, I only vote when I'm participate but I need to change that about myself and vote/critique when I'm not participate

Same as reason #4

Hell yea, but it's hard when you live in a small country town

I think SM is a gateway to expand your music/project across the country, and the world. I love it..

I've been a reason head all my life and im not planning on changing, but I do want to try a standalone MPC

Unfortunately no, but my kids are and I try to listen to what they like..

GhostChamberz

ILLIEN
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 128
I believe i signed up in 2004. The main reason i signed up was because i was looking for a community of like-minded people rocking MPCs and Motif Racks makin ill beatz sampled from stinky dusty vinylz.
I remember names like Stresswon, DJ Excellence, Chrono, Cleverwon, AfriqueDeluxe, Relic and Classic. I havnt really seen anyone here that i can recall from the old days.
I came back to get my Battle on but i also came back to chop it up and meet people that still make some sick bangers and discuss production with / collab with.
I think the demographic has changed drastically.
Alot of you prolly experienced my drunken rant half a year ago on how i felt everything just sounded the same which i apologise. but when i started hearing EDM and shit in the Beat feedback after listening to 10 generic trap beats that all sounded the same i just lost it man.
I do realise its a new age. The rap game is different. Your success in the music industry is based on fake views and listeners and how many Instagram followers u have.

I guess i dont feel like i am connected enough with the members.

3. Why do you not reply?
I have replied especially on welcoming new members and the feedback section. Beat Battles and sample flips. I just been busy the last 6 months.

Been busy and not had time to check in. But always vote if i am going to participate.

I did when i was more active

Always

I try to stay clear of it. I do check from time to time.

Always. More into Hardware these days.

Hip Hop yes. This country pop bullshit fuckery on the billboards? not really.

Some thoughts:

Beat battles (my personal opinion) Fuck a score system. Suck my dick. Battle me or go home. We keep it real out here nahmean?
What i think you should have though is to start dividing it into BoomBap and Trap categories. Ive seen some of these newer Beat Battle Events. And someone with a trap beat battling someone with an ill chopped sampled boom bap beat is fucking wack. Im sorry but it doesnt make sense.

You could however create a own battle for people that have less experience and that are new to production. i dont know.
If you did implement a score system i wouldnt be mad at that though. But i kinda like the fact that an underdog can take the crown and kill the king. It provides them the extra motivation also which i think is valuable.

Fade. Have you ever considered opening a Discord Server for all the members to connect at? Its easier to communicate and share. Connect your members with the platforms that are available.
Maybe you should consider to spread Illmuzik to other platforms and technologies that are available. PodCast (attack of the beats) Beat Event Youtube (make a video of it) Or Twitch Stream it. Have a guest host? Discord (communication for your tribe)
I personally like forums. Use that shit all the time. But i think it could be wise to have other platforms available also. It wouldnt hurt atleast.

Also i find it hard to participate in the battles sometimes because of short notice and failing to enter within the time limit.

The Beat Battle Mixes on your youtube. Man the Nostalgia. Keep those coming. That was really fun.
WaveFormz Episode 105. The M.Padron - Emblema mix was Fuckin Fuego. I bumped dat shit hard.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest Beat It Up! Results
Beat #3
3 votes
Beat #2
2 votes
Beat #1
1 votes

ill resources