Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Naw it was THAT good? lol

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
It was pretty dope to me man. I would even go as far as to say it was my fav movie of all time. But that isn't to hype it up. It's just that I like movies that put something in your face and you can't identify it. Almost like magic. The trick is usually basic but the trick fools you.

That is how this movie was. I have been all on the forums trying to figure out exactly what went down and almost everyone is as confused as me.

Shit was ill.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
movie was SICK!
Gave me the same feel as the first time I saw Matrix. You wanna watch it again to kinda figure it out. One of those movies that's open to interpretation. Could be a sequel too.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
wtf?? These reviews are very interesting lol

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
A lot of people, critics, are hating on the movie.

Everyone I know personally who watched it were blown away. But when you break down what you think a movie should be, people are saying it sucks.

Best way I can put it is, remember when Grindin' by the Clipse came out? If you broke down that beat verbally, as in explain it, it wouldn't sound like it was a dope beat. But then we you actually hear it, shit is dope. That is how this movie is. If you take away all the effects and just try and explain the movie in 5 sentences, it sounds like a dumb movie. But when you watch it and really put your mind into the concept, the shit is ill.

Over at IMDB, there are a lot of haters of the film man.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
I gotta see this now lol. Anything compared to grindin MUST be some kind of good

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
How can people not be liking this movie on imdb etc?? Surely this is what proper film fans have been waiting for, for a good few years. A summer blockbuster which everyone is gonna go see which makes you think, and doesnt have the typical recycled action plot. If this does well, which surely it will cos its SICCKK, hopefully we'll start to see more films which arent afraid to make the viewer use their brain a bit more. And word on the ending, had the whole cinema going OHHHHH, havent heard that ever before.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
best movie I've seen i a while...I mean the end is easy enough to guess and that usually turns me off but, this film was really well made. That director really takes pride in his work cause he coulda just used a GANG of cgi.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What was so mind boggling? I mean when the asian dude came through while leo was running his lil spinnig top reality test you shoulda been able to take it from there, no? I loved the way it was shot, the action and the SOUND, but it wasnt like a big surprise ending or something.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I guess but when i seen him not watch it drop the first time I concluded he never left the dream, then when i saw the end it just confirmed it...you have a different take?

tekboi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
it was NOT a dream at the end. Even though it's really left it up for debate. If you notice in the dreams, the spinning top is consistently spinning without any loss in momentum whatsoever.

But, at the end you can see that the top is unstable and gradually losing momentum. This implies that eventually the cap would topple over.

but that's just my take on it.

tekboi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
On the other hand, there were some inconsistencies in the beginning of the movie before they were actually in the dream that would suggest that he never left his dream.

Examples:

When he finishes talking to his daughter on the phone and head up to the helicopter. Notice that there is RAIN on the drivers site windows. Yet, its not raining outside at all. As the helicopter takes of the rain is still hitting the window on the drivers side window only, but no where else.

When Leos wife is about to jump from the building, notice that the room is across the street and it's an exact mirror of the room leo is in.

BottomLine: You just don't know if it was a dream. There director left it open for debate.