Sticky Introduction to IllMuzik Mixtapes!

Fade

Slice & Dice
Administrator
*** illest o.g. ***
Battle Points: 1
I would like to release IllMuzik Mixtapes regularly, so this is it!

What is this?

IllMuzik Mixtapes are for members to upload their beats or songs and have them featured on various mixtapes that will carry the official IllMuzik brand logo.

How does it work?

Whenever it's time to start working on the next mixtape, I will open up the mixtapes upload page here:

Just follow the instructions on that page to upload your tracks. If yours is chosen, you will be contacted. If it is not chosen, it might be kept for another mixtape at a later time. Remember - we're looking for DOPE tracks!

What can I upload?

You can upload MP3 files only and it can be either an instrumental beat, a completed song, or your beat with an acapella on top, scratching, movie samples, etc.

One thing to keep in mind is the use of samples. There shouldn't really be a problem, but I plan on uploading each mixtape as a YouTube video, so Youtube might flag it for copyright issues. That's usually not a big deal but sometimes they might end up blocking the video entirely. So keep that in mind if you plan on using an acapella from a famous rapper, for example.

How long are the uploads open for?

Right now it's about two weeks but the upload page will show a message when the uploads are closed until the next one.

What happens when a mixtape is released?

For each mixtape, the plan is:

• Make the entire mixtape into a video and upload it to YouTube.
  • Upload the mixtape to various mixtape and music-hosting websites.

What is the point of mixtapes?

This is all for fun but also it's a great way to get everyone exposure. The key to getting that exposure though, is for everyone to help promote each mixtape on social media.

ProducerSpot

ArvinArmani

Bread makes you Fat?!
Battle Points: 234
I would like to release IllMuzik Mixtapes regularly, so this is it!

What is this?

IllMuzik Mixtapes are for members to upload their beats or songs and have them featured on various mixtapes that will carry the official IllMuzik brand logo.

How does it work?

Whenever it's time to start working on the next mixtape, I will open up the mixtapes upload page here:

Just follow the instructions on that page to upload your tracks. If yours is chosen, you will be contacted. If it is not chosen, it might be kept for another mixtape at a later time. Remember - we're looking for DOPE tracks!

What can I upload?

You can upload MP3 files only and it can be either an instrumental beat, a completed song, or your beat with an acapella on top, scratching, movie samples, etc.

One thing to keep in mind is the use of samples. There shouldn't really be a problem, but I plan on uploading each mixtape as a YouTube video, so Youtube might flag it for copyright issues. That's usually not a big deal but sometimes they might end up blocking the video entirely. So keep that in mind if you plan on using an acapella from a famous rapper, for example.

How long are the uploads open for?

Right now it's about two weeks but the upload page will show a message when the uploads are closed until the next one.

What happens when a mixtape is released?

For each mixtape, the plan is:

• Make the entire mixtape into a video and upload it to YouTube.
  • Upload the mixtape to various mixtape and music-hosting websites.

What is the point of mixtapes?

This is all for fun but also it's a great way to get everyone exposure. The key to getting that exposure though, is for everyone to help promote each mixtape on social media.
Can you put them up one by one and all in a playlist? also if I made a collab beat with someone from here, can I upload that with both of the producer names on the beat? thanks!

Last edited:

Fade

Slice & Dice
Administrator
*** illest o.g. ***
I mean upload each beat as a singular video. but to show that they're in the same mixtape, say that in the thumbnails and put them all in a youtube playlist. eh? I kinda wanna see who gets more views lol.
Yeah I always try to put stuff in playlists.

Vossi Beats

Human
Battle Points: 83
@Fade I have a remix, but the accapellas I used are Wyclef Jean and Eminem. It's top notch, but is it a bad idea to upload it when it's so high profile artists? Copyrights and what not...
If you say go for it, I will upload, so it's your call bro!

Fade

Slice & Dice
Administrator
*** illest o.g. ***
@Fade I have a remix, but the accapellas I used are Wyclef Jean and Eminem. It's top notch, but is it a bad idea to upload it when it's so high profile artists? Copyrights and what not...
If you say go for it, I will upload, so it's your call bro!
For that I would say no. Mainly beats and for "full songs" I'm thinking if you had someone rapping on it. Because with acapellas from famous songs it can be an issue of course.

NOIS3D -3DBeats

NOIS3D - 3rdDimensionBeats
Just to make a correction if you choose the beat Call Me Mr. Werido ... the exact name is Call Me Mr.Weirdo ... thanks to not forget make the correction if you use on a mixtape.

I have uploaded 3 beat for your mixtape:
One Man, Two Tones
Captain Hip-Hop
Call Me Mr. Weirdo

hope to be on a mixtape and be choosen i think i have a special unic sound haha!

Have a good day!

Members online

illmuzik on youtube

ProducerSpot