Izotope Ozone 4

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Couple q's bout this. Im not sure if any of u are using it, but i've heard its supposed 2 be the shyt so i've been using it, but i really dont think im takin advantage of its full potential. i just click one of the presets n assume it'll do its thang. So heres my questions...Should i be using the presets, and if so what 1s are good for hiphop beats? The "hiphop preset" just makes the bass way too fuckin loud. N if the presets arent the answer, ne1 got some tips on how to manually tweak Izotope? i mean i kno theres not a Solid, set in stone way to master ur track, its all on how ur tryna get it to sound, but just lookin at tht shit is intimidatin..dude like me'll turn tha wrong knob n blow mah damn speakers or smth lol...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
It is in fact "one of the best things smokin", Of course "presets" should be used as starting points. No two beats are the same so start with one of the presets that kind of gets you going in the direction you want to go and then tweak all 6 or various parameters. I use various presets on various tracks. I always throw Izotope on my drums to bring them together in the mix. I usually tweak the Paragraphic EQ on the drum track at the low end, drop it down and cut around 40 to 45k. That's usually all I have to do to have me drums humping! Though I like the Waves Mercury Bundle a lot I use iZotope much more frequently because it's less cpu intensive than the waves plugins I would use for the same things. I use it on individual tracks and the master routinely. With just a little tweaking it will have you mix sounding really good in a small amount of time. I used to grab either the L1 or L3 waves Maximizers but imo iZotope gives you more features and sounds better.

P.S. Throw iZotope on your master early in the beat building or mixing phase with one of the "MASTERING" presets and there's NO WAY you can blow your speakers. The Loudness maxizer and the multiband dynamics won't let you go above 0db out which keeps you from clipping. I always go with -3db to -5db lower to make sure! You can still get you mix pretty damn loud staying in that "safe" range.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Good look, ima have to fux with it n figure out how 2 get the sound i want. But u def. helped thx

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Check this little lady out!

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/alloy/

what ever track you throw this on is GUARANTEED to take that bitch up a notch. I've been mixing a track for a couple days using alloy and ozone 4 exclusively and the track is sounding amazing. When I bypass it there's a significant difference in sound. Makes individual tracks sound bigger and sweeter.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
OT: SHIT alloy is out? I'm slippin

OP: really just play with it, on Ozone I learned how to compress and how to hear it, I learned why to set predelay, and its brought a level of clarity to my mixes. I use it on the drum, instrument, Vocal and master busses. Just cause its made for mastering doesnt mean it can only be used for mastering.

Ps. All the presets are actually good for something, use your ear fam. its what you have'em for!

members online