January 8-9, 2011 - Comments & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

Please try to keep the clutter in here to a minimum. We all know that the Beat This! threads get filled up with posts very quickly. Keep it on topic and related to the competition.

Please check the Beat This pages first for answers, and the Beat This posting guide.

Also, be sure to check the Rules section.

Thanks.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Nobody is saying anything...y'all skured? lol. Listen, I got some crazy ish in the making and I want this to be heard. It's nothing like ANYTHING that I've done in a contest before. It's not even a Battle type joint, it's more of some yuppie party type ish. I'm REALLY coming from left field on it. It's one of those beats that you will either really dig it, or really hate it...hahahaha. Ofcourse it has my mad scratching in it but I composed the entire bassline, flipped it, smacked it and put the works into it. It's not a typical "rap friendly" joint but the right rapper could do some damage on it. Get in this contest!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
True. People need to jump on this or else others will win the competition each time and leave you in the dust scratching your head wondering why you don't have that magical B! under your name.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
how many voice snipets is too many?

i read the rules it says no vocals but may have occasional voice snippets.....
i have a few in my intro and outro they arent alot, but they do depict the whole them of my beat.... its not like ryming or nothing just some voice samples

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
how many voice snipets is too many?

i read the rules it says no vocals but may have occasional voice snippets.....
i have a few in my intro and outro they arent alot, but they do depict the whole them of my beat.... its not like ryming or nothing just some voice samples
For example, like a voice sample looped here and there throughout the beat, that kind of thing. Basically, just so that the beat doesn't turn into a song.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Wasn't a big fan of this months' competition. Beatz had it by a longshot to me. Ex had me on that joint....really felt like I wanted to rap on it.. Dac...I liked the beat..I think too much was put on that joint for me. Relic and 420, didn't like those beats much...Relic...that beat was too slow for me and I couldn't really vibe to it. Same with 420 as well...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
lmao! I wasn't even thinking Beat This. I just wanted to do something crazy as heyell so I did it with that song. I had a blast making it but I will take the next Comp seriously. Good luck to whoever wins! You will have made history in giving me my 1st loss...EVER! hahaha.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Damn gotta remember to atleast vote, missed this joint

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online