1. Just a heads up about the ILL 2019 Slate style!

Just a friendly reminder to clean your gear

1. Fade

Fade

Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    Yes, YOU. Clean your stuff!

I was experiencing some crackling on some of the knobs on my mixer so I took a flashlight to it, looked closely and saw dust.

What did I do? I opened it up. Off came all the knobs, unscrewed the bottom and had LOTS of dust. I should have taken pictures, but anyway here I was looking at a mixer with dust where I didn't think dust could go.

I sprayed the hell out of everything with compressed air and did a lot of picking with tweezers to get as much as I could out of the cracks.

With everything back together, the mixer sounds (and looks) much better.

So my advice to all of you - next time you're bored, take the time to clean some of your gear, you might be surprised.

2. ArvinArmani

ArvinArmani

Obash Composer.
    Battle Points:
    Lol , thats a hell of a way to start a thread .

And i dont have So much beatmakin gear , i mean if i keep PC clean , everything is clean .

3. Silentz

Silentz

Formerly The Knoxvillan
    Battle Points:
    I remember back when I had turntables the dust would wreak havoc on my mixer so I know what you mean.

4. DEEZ BEATZ

DEEZ BEATZ

PRODUCER ELITE..NUFF SAID
    Battle Points:
    yes that's true, i get an air can to blow dust out of my gear every other day

5. Drago Zetić

Drago Zetić

Making samples and FL Studio sing.
    Battle Points:
    I just cover my piano with old rugs, works well enough. The speakers, computers and the turntable are a whole another thing... thanks for reminding me to get another can of compressed air, mine is almost dead.

6. Fade

Fade

Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    I don't know about where you're from but I got the pack of cans at Costco. These things are always great to have. Is there any stores around you where you can buy them in bulk?

7. Drago Zetić

Drago Zetić

Making samples and FL Studio sing.
    Battle Points:
    They're not hard to find, but I never found any stores selling them in bulk, so I have to pay the equivalent of about 5 bucks per can.