Kanye vs. the Gummi Bears

• beat this! voting starts in...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....it's fucked up when u gotta steal from the Gummy bears.....if the Gummy joint was out there first there is no denying that Kanye or who ever wrote love lock down bit the melody from them.

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thats just a generic melody..ive heard quite a few songs that use the same cadence. And as far as auto tune goes..the gummy bear producers were probably just trying to stay current in using it

static

static yessir
ill o.g.
melodies get re-used all the time, but im going to say this. the gummy bear song was out way before love lock down. so if kanye did get it from somewhere its prolly that. or maybe he just hear the melody in the beat.

who knows.

all in all they sound similar

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
ive had a few situations like this in the past... ultimately, i scrapped the song... but over the years, i now believe in still creating the song and just holding on to it, bcuz it maybe useful in 10-20 yrs, since everything comes back anyway.

da relic

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Lol...that's dope...

Score one for Kanye...he took a kids song and made it a shitty song for the masses....KUDOS!

I don't mind the lyrics...but autotune ruined it...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I agree..I was just fucking around...

It's such a generic cadence...It's probably more coincidence than anything else....But a funny coincidence...

If Kanye wrote that song for someone who could actually sing, the songs would be pretty tough...

I agree..I was just fucking around...

It's such a generic cadence...It's probably more coincidence than anything else....But a funny coincidence...

If Kanye wrote that song for someone who could actually sing, the songs would be pretty tough...

It would be funny as hell if he did sample the gummi bears, I wouldnt put it past his gay ass tho.