Korg Padkontrol, MPD 24 or MPC500

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I know the Padkontrol has note repeat, but i was just wondering what to get. Cus the trigger finger doesn't really feel that solid.

and the MPD 24 feels really solid. I work mostly on Ableton Live 6 and i want to use the controller for my drums..

So help me out on this one!

Peace!

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I didn't like the MPC500. Might as well get a 1000 if you go that route. If you are using, Ableton, I'd say PadKontrol.

The MPD24 is big and heavy. So you can't really carry it around like you can the PadKontrol. But if mobility isn't an issue, go MPD 24. You can beat the shit out of that thing, it's a tank.

But as far as smacking the drum pads, there is little if no difference between the two. Actually... the PadKontroller is probably a little better because the pads are a little more sensitive as apposed to the Akai's pads.

And the PadKontroler handles synths better because that touch pad on the corner controls the Pitch Bend and Modulation.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont know about the padkontrol...that was my first drumpad and i thought it was cool at the time until i got a real mpc, and there's really no comparison even just in feel. the pads on the padkontrol are very sensitive but also way too hard, i would really recommend going the mpc route.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
At HI - LO:

And by the MPC route u mean the MPC 500? or u mean both?

well to be honest i haven't tried the 500 or 1k, only the 2 and 4k, but in my experience, any mpc pad is better than a pad kontrol. is there a guitar center near you where you can try them out? i'd really recommend feeling these pads for yourself before buying, especially the pad kontrol...i mean if you dont mind how stiff the pads are, i have to say it was a pretty solid piece of equipment besides the feel- the xy pad is pretty cool for a $200 device i think.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
I do mind the feel, i used to own the 2kxl and i sold it because i needed to get my driver license.. So now I'm MPC less.. :(

And those pads felt real nice and solid, and i liked it, i just didn't really like that setup with MPC 2kxl ( with zip )and Live, cus it kinda stagnated my workflow..

So maybe it's a bit more convenient with an MPD24 or a MPC 500 cus the newer versions have better compatibility with PC's..

What are u currently working with?

peace

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
At OM

I don't really like programmin drums with keys.. cus my keys on my keyboard are really small..

I know i could, but i'd rather do it with pads.. that's just a more natural way of working cus u don't have em so close together..

And my keys don't have velocity sensitivity! Really fucked! But thanx for the help..'

I think i'm gonna buy either the MPD24 or the MPC 500 or a used 2kxl (which i don't find as compatible with a pc.. )

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Don't like the feel of the trigger finger, it's kinda shakey.. Works good with live, but it doesn't feel as sturdy as the MPCs, but thanx for the help, what do u use for your drums then, right now i'm just clicking in my drumwork...

O

open mind

step sequencer from fl if i want some crazy shit i use the pc keyboard!!! suckz too (no velocitys) i have to setup the whole velocitys on each hit on my own to get a more natural feel and i hate that.

O

open mind

the impulse swing function is great more natural then the fl step sequencer swing it really suckz.iam fuckin with ableton live lately and i like it but iam just used too much with fl.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
I worked with FL for bout a year, and now it's almost all Live, sometimes i'm going back to FL and fuck with the slicer, but Sampler is just about as good..

Only thing it lacks is the Timestretch function in the sampler

E

evolveone

i have the padKontrol. still gettin' used to it, but I dig it. I have messed around with an mpc...nothing too serious though...i wouldn't get an mpc to use as a controller, but to each his own.

members online