Logos and Tags

N

NateBritain

Hey guys, I'm new to this site. Been making beats just under a year now and I think its time to get serious!
I need to come up with a logo, and start promoting. I have my Name, and a little slogan just like how Metro has "Metro boomin wants some more..."

My question is... in a beat, where's the best place to put your tag? I believe it should be right before the first drop (between intro and hook) , but is there anywhere else I should put it?
Don't want to put too many in, but at the same time if someone were to download my beat, I want to use it like an ad so they can't steal it without my name being on it lol.

Attachments

• nATEbRITAIN (LQ).jpg
    nATEbRITAIN (LQ).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 182

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome!

I think the rule is to have it every few bars so no one can jack your loop, but I could be wrong. I guess it depends if you're just looking to add the tag for promotion or to prevent theft.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@NateBritain Alkota said it best "Everyone is too worried about selling themselves before they even have a product that anyone wants."

@Fade tags don't prevent jackers from jacking.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
A lot of times it's at the beginning... I usually have the tag at the end of the intro right before the beat drops in, but sometimes I'll put it at the end... I've also heard it at the beginning and end on the same beat too... "We got London on the track"

To keep people from stealing your music, I've heard people do this...

How you use your tag is pretty much up to you tho... I personally use the tag like an "artists signature"... Done painting, sign it, finished

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
If you wanna protect yourself from getting jacked and even worse: someone else taking credit for a beat they never made, your best bet is to tag it every 5 to 10 seconds. It will frustrate the hell out of the listener, but, you'll be safe from beat thieves

members online