mac compatible software...

• Thread starter Equality 7-2521
  • Start date
E

Equality 7-2521

am wondering if programs such as Reason 2.5, Cubase SX, Wavelab 5, Cool Edit, Sampletank, Recycle etc etc can be used succefully on a mac.

which ones can and which ones cant?

also, is there anything you need to make it compatible or can you just intall same as windows?

cheers

C

Copenhagen

Reason and Recycle can. If you need a special Mac version I don't know, but I've seen a guy using these programs on a Mac.

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hello

(i'm a mac user)

these are the music software that DON'T run on macs;
-cool edit
-sound forge
-acid
-fruity loop
- anything by cakewalk

The software are not the same, you need the mac version. That being said, if you bought reason for example, there is the pc AND the mac version on the cd...

Your looking to buy a mac?

E

Equality 7-2521

not any more. i woulda had to sell my currant one which i just bought. i was only gonna get a mac cos of the firewire port so i could have a firewire soundcard. but have changed my mind and settled with the pcmcia laptop soundcard which i have now. plus the whole program compatability issue is way too much headfuck for me. im already behind and impatient....

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Your, most of the time, better with a pcicia card anyway. Also if your really want a firewire card, you can check some cheap pcicia card that gives you 1 or 2 firewire plug. One of my friend got this on his pc and it work like a charm (he's doing video so he absolutely needs a firewire prot). One of these card would be much cheaper than a whole mac...

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
^^^^ what are you saying ? Hybribbly whut ?

MOTU and MAC , MAC and MOTU. They both cant do without eachother.

well the guy seemed pretty pissed that Cool edit isn't a mac and im saying anything WORTH USING.. will run on Mac and Windows Machines or there is an Alternative app (knock of of) or just a completely better app that does the job...

i was Saying WERD to the person above me because im a Mac user and i use Dp4 (happy to see another mac user thats all )

and if im not mistaken MAchfive from MOTU runs on windows aswell :) somewhere in that short response above u must have thought i ment all Motu ran of both platforms thats not what i was sayin at all

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
No, MOTU just runns without problems on mac, with problems on win.

And yes, good utilities go to mac, mac is pro and dedicated not multitasking alike windows.

I also dont see why you want to work with CEP/Audition when you're running Logic or Cubase, just doesn't make sense.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
well, they did release a logic 6.3 for the pc which somewhat amazed me after thinking 5.5 would be the last. When talking about porting that is. On the other hand there's a solution for everything like the multi daw tasking platforms for PC where you can runn OS9. Oke, that sucks for all you PT lovers but still...

Nah, Mac's better and I havent tried these programs yet but I bet a dime they aint as stable...yet.

Therefor hurray dual 2.5 and hurry the fuck up with them distribution!

members online