Ideas for improving ILLMUZIK

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Memento Beats Yes. We did that years ago with out annual battle, the Battle That and it was $10 to enter, if I remember correctly. It was good but there were still a handful that complained they had to pay.

I think it was $10 x 16 contestants, so $160. I took a cut and the winner got $100 or $120.

It's a great incentive but it's one of those things to get people interested. Whenever I think of things like this I have to always step back and think of how to get people involved first. We get lots of traffic but not everyone participates in battles and discussions, so that's the first issue. But above all that, I remember I stopped it after the second year because PayPal came out with some stupid rule where you can do something like that. They closed my account temporarily until I promised not to do it again lol.

They literally said they would check illmuzik to make sure we don't have a paid contest. So today one of the ways around it would be to have a sort of subscription, which is fine. It would depend on how it's worded I guess.

@Memento Beats Yes. We did that years ago with out annual battle, the Battle That and it was $10 to enter, if I remember correctly. It was good but there were still a handful that complained they had to pay.

I think it was $10 x 16 contestants, so $160. I took a cut and the winner got $100 or $120.

It's a great incentive but it's one of those things to get people interested. Whenever I think of things like this I have to always step back and think of how to get people involved first. We get lots of traffic but not everyone participates in battles and discussions, so that's the first issue. But above all that, I remember I stopped it after the second year because PayPal came out with some stupid rule where you can do something like that. They closed my account temporarily until I promised not to do it again lol.

They literally said they would check illmuzik to make sure we don't have a paid contest. So today one of the ways around it would be to have a sort of subscription, which is fine. It would depend on how it's worded I guess.

Well the "Only active members can vote" could solve the fake traffic problem, Also u already solved the awards problem.
I've also got an idea recently, to make a rule that you must vote in this battle in order to get to participate in the next battle.
fade plz check out the 1v1 battle thread too, in the offtopic topic

This is ridiculous that PayPal forced you to close your account. :oops: I can't even believe that! But maybe as you said it's the matter of wording. Nevertheless, I'm shocked that you were told to close your account.

I love this place, how can I help?
Respect to the ILL OG ... i dont know why i care this much about stuff like this, but im really honored to see you here, i've only heard of you in the Hall of Glory lol

I'm gonna leave your question to be answered by fade as he is the owner of the ill, though if you give your ideas & opinions on this topic, it can be awesome.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
HA! I didnt even know the Hall of Glory was a thing. And yes! I am flying to Nashvile next weekend to sit in on the mastering of the next Drunk Pedestrians (Stress did an AMAZING job on a track) record and its going to vinyl so that takes like 14 weeks etc but I will get it in your hands asap, and of course still touring and playing that live rock and roll LMAO. I went through a nasty divorce and custody battle that I did end up winning but it took years and I just wasnt very creative during that time, but things are blowing up now and life is fantastic! How are things going with you? Catch me up!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Nice! Sorry to hear about the divorce, that sucks. I know how life can get in the way but it's good to see you're still doing it, plus still hooking up with Stresswon!

Same ol' for me, except for going through lots of personal shit. Anyway, we should continue via PM if you want.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yea lets keep the topic on topic haha. I personally still love forums over social media. I would also say that hip hop has just changed so much since ill started, has it dropped off a lot? I see a lot of new people on here and that is awesome!
It's about the same traffic for the past while, but obviously a huge change compared to 10 years ago.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
I'm also new to this place. Would have loved to be a part if it from the time I began to make beats. A great tool for any beginner especially those who are completely on their own.

How about making some kind of fundraiser so us members can donate and then pumping the end result in Google ads so everyone searching for things related to beat making will get word of Illmuzik??

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm also new to this place. Would have loved to be a part if it from the time I began to make beats. A great tool for any beginner especially those who are completely on their own.

How about making some kind of fundraiser so us members can donate and then pumping the end result in Google ads so everyone searching for things related to beat making will get word of Illmuzik??
Indeed. You missed a lot of awesome times on here!

Yes, a fundraiser is something I've been considering, not just for ads but for other things related to helping the site grow.

members online