Marley Marl uses Reason

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
That's surprising. Reason emulates hardware so it's odd that someone, i'm guessing, familiar with hardware would go from hardware to software emulating hardware.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Chrono said:
That's surprising. Reason emulates hardware so it's odd that someone, i'm guessing, familiar with hardware would go from hardware to software emulating hardware.

he probably sees the potential in the program

with the way technology is advancing its gonna be hard not to use it

I love my hardware though its nothing like the ears open and hands on approach

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Solace said:
Why Would One Not Utilize Software That Emulates Hardware... The Software That Emulates The Hardware Most Of The Time Makes It Easier To Get To The Same End Product... Just Minus All The Extra Time... Anything You Can Do With Hardware You Can Do With Software... Because They Both Go Hand In Hand... Your MPC That You Use Has Software In It... And The Software People Uses Does What Runs On Hardware... So They Both Coincide... So Anything One Can Do With An MPC or Whateva Piece Of Hardware You Can Pretty Much Do With Software If Not Better And Easier... Thats My Thought...

I couldn't agree with you more. Hardware, is software in a portable unit. A hacker could dump the ROM in your mpc, and use a calculator, old radio parts, and rom chips to emulate it, or he could complie a c/java/perl(whatever) program to run on your winXP sys. It's all programs people. Unless you use vaccum tubes or something. Long as you keep it movin, I don't care what you use.

Yo! Your beat is wack cause you use FL.
Yo! Your joint is wack cause you still bounce tracks on a 4-track and don't have enough dough to cop protools.

When I was comin up, well I still am, we sampled kicks, snares, hats, and samples from the turntable into the 19" Gemini mixer, and bounced them on a tascam. So unless were talkin about sound quality, what's the difference if I sample into acid, chop with recycle, load into Dr. Rex and use my MPC to trigger the chops?????

But good for Marley Marl. And good for you if you're makin muzik and you like what you do. I'll let Rolling Stone be the critics. lol

T

The Bastard

Solace said:
So Anything One Can Do With An MPC or Whateva Piece Of Hardware You Can Pretty Much Do With Software If Not Better And Easier... Thats My Thought...
will it be as fun?

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
I read the article too. I was kind of surprised to read that Marl pays people to dig records, find and chop up samples for him. I would think that being hands on with the digging would be conducive to making the beats, but I guess if you're Marl...you can do whatever the fuck you want. The Nas and Preemo article and cover are sick still, that's also a good read.

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
Yea, I was shocked he used reason i dunno why. Rockwilder also said he uses or has tried reason.

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
I heard StressWon uses FLStudio,,,,that shit is fresh cause I use it too,,,,J/K

nbaw, thats hot. marley marl is fresh!

what else do you use man? you're shit is dope .. you hardware too?

members online