1. The next Beat This! Competition will be from April 25-26th!

MIDI Keyboard

1. EffBoogie

EffBoogie

Eyy,

Been doing this a while now and want to get myself a MIDI Keyboard to increase my workflow.

The Akai Mini looks like a great option as it has the pad controllers but I feel like I'll regret not getting a full-sized keyboard as I progress as a keyboardist.

Can anyone vouch for the Akai Mini or recommend a good, affordable MIDI keyboard to use with Logic Pro X?

EffBoogie

2. OGBama

OGBama

Beatmaker
    @EffBoogie how do you like Logic Pro X? I own a Mac and I'm gonna start w/GarageBand before considering Logic.

3. EffBoogie

EffBoogie

I used to use Reason back in the day and found it too complex when I was young so I started using Logic a few months ago and found it really easy to get to grips with.

For the timebeing it's great. Simple, straightforward and suits what I make

4. 216 Sound

216 Sound

@EffBoogie I have the Akai MPK mini and I love it! I had the same thought when I was thinking what midi to get. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. I chose the mini because of limited space and easy transportation, and also you can move up and down octaves with the click of a button. Nothing wrong with a keystation or anything like that tho, its all preference

5. Bugsy

Bugsy

ILLIEN
    Battle Points:
    Whats your budget? I recommend getting a 2nd hand keyboard for starters.
    Also, you might want to consider key weight if you're aiming to be a keyboardist.

6. OGBama

OGBama

Beatmaker
    @216 Sound how do you like the MPK mini as there have been complaints about the pads, etc. and I ask 'cause I already have a P-105 for serious playing as time goes by but just to get started I'm looking at the MPK.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018