Monitors

L

LarryBones

Yeah I know ya'll are tired of seeing posts like this but I'm about to buy some studio monitor speakers and wonder if anyone has some suggestions based on experience, or word of mouth. I'm not willing to spend much more than $400-$500 at this point... I've heard good things about the Event 20/20s and Alesis Monitor Ones. Whatever info you got will help, I'm just tired of reading ads that make them all sound nice.

N

Njoy

My boy has the Event 20/20s and they sound tight man. Definitely check them out. Also the Alesis M1's are ill too.

L

LarryBones

Thanks.. yeah right now I'm seein the M1s quite a bit cheaper than the 20/20s. If they're pretty much the same I'll go with the Alesis but if someone can tell me the 20/20s are worth the extra $$ let me know.

peace

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
ummm

I heard the 20/20s are better than the M1's. They're both in the same price range though. I think the Mackie would be best but they're too expensive.

When you go to make your purchase, just bring a favorite CD and pop it in and listen to each set of monitors carefully and decide what's best for you. Maybe you should bring a CD of your beats so that everyone in the store can hear what you got!

L

LarryBones

Yeah that's the best idea.. but I want to spend as little time as possible dealing with the sales reps at Sam Ash. Monitors are nuts in the price range though, they go from like $200 up to $6000 or more. I'm just wondering how much difference there actually is because I've spent so little time actually using them.

thanks for all the input though, I'll take a CD in there and force someone to let me test'em out. Yeah maybe some big shot will be walkin through and give me a production deal on the spot right? :)

members online