Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yea i love this song, i cant wait for the cd to drop

Soulja

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Song is hot! I love the beat. If his show is half as good as Common or Talib then I can't wait to see him live.

Soulja

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
yo soulja, i seen him live in Chicago about a year ago. (The night the Cubs beat whoever to advance to NLCS. The club was right down the street from Wrigley. Fucking nuts man.)But anyway, it was the best show iv'e seen yet. the sound was excellent. Not real bass heavy like most hip hop shows. you could hear everything crystal clear. He had a guy up on stage with an asr-10 telling him to load up this beat or that beat, it was pretty cool. and as an added bonus, He called Kweli and Kanye out to the stage and Maseo from De La was the DJ. dope fucking show.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
THiS iS oK So FAR, iM NoT GoNNA LiSTEN TO iT ALL BUT THE FiRST FEW TRACKS SoUND LiKE A MiXTAPE JOiNT (THE RAPE oVER) A FEW "BLACK JACK JoNES" ALBUM SCRAPS, AND oNE MoS JOiNT.
BUT iTS HoT, AND iTS EVEN DiFFERENT FRoM MoS BUT iTS NoT ToO DiFFERENT, AND iTS STiLL GoOD.

RELEASE;

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Yea i cant wait for this album, i hope its on point

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
yea i know, but i want to wait til it drops, plus my speakers suck too i cant really hear

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
must we keep comparing these guys to their old work?

is it too hard to judge something on its own merits?

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
Cold Truth said:
must we keep comparing these guys to their old work?

is it too hard to judge something on its own merits?
The only reason i ever compared them to there old stuff is because there old stuff is what i liked, its what kept me a fan for all this time, so it comes natural to have these high expectations of the artist i used to love and respect, BUT i have learned that Hip Hop just isnt the same anymore and i have to accept the change. Im with u on this one Cold, we need to base our judgements on what it IS, and not what it coulda been if they woulda made it 5 years ago.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
what do you need a point of reference for? so that you can look back and say "i hate mc so-and-so's new album because he didnt give me a rehashed version of the same album".... its one thing entirely to dislike something based on its own merits. its another when the quality of something is based squarely on how it stacks up to a previous album or any other album for that matter.... if something is good, it is good and if it isnt it isnt, regardless of what came before it. i dont care for beautiful struggle as a whole, because i dont like the album. it has nill to do with the train of thought or black star albums; likewise with the new mos album. i like it, and it has nothing to do with black on both sides.

but hey, if not being "more of the same" is a good enough reason to dismiss something for you, then do you i guess.... but thats a very limiting- and unfair- way to do it.

btw, what does "new" equating to bopty music and "insipid" rnb have anything to do with this album?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
ok, no problem. i mean, who actually wants to look at the other side of the coin? god forbid.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
haha... i swear... these days your just being confrontational for the hell of it...

on another note... i wouldn't be surprised if this album goes platinum... he's got a big buzz at the moment...

he also presented the mobo's last night... totally irrelevant... but he did a good job...

members online