motif 6 eq/sounds/saving questions

max90

ill o.g.
whats up?

i am controlling my motif 6 on my mpc 2000. i am getting sound and recording drums.
track 1- high hat
track 2- kick
etc...

when i go to change sounds (voices) on the motif to lay something over the drum pattern ive recorded, it changes the drum sounds to whatever i change to. lets say i choose piano, the piano will replace the drums. how do i stop this???

also, is it possible to eq individual sounds in a set, or are you forced to eq everything??

also, i have not saved anything yet since i just got my motif (i have been learning it). i have a zip drive hooked up to my mpc 2000 and i have saved fine on that for years. my question is, what should i know about saving midi data through the mpc 2000? lets say i have samples from a record on track 1 and 2, and then some motif sounds on track 3 and 4, can i just save everything at once on the zip??

i know these are a lot of annoying questions, but these have been bugging me.

any help is appreciated.

max90

ill o.g.
i did find that post because i remembered it from last time.

its still doing it to me though. i have my drum pattern down, and as soon as i switch sounds, it changes up on me. i understand that each midi port has 16 chanels for sounds, but its almost as if my drums dont want to stay on 1a. as soon as i change a track on the mpc to 2A, and the associated send /receive tracks on the motif to get another sound, i dont hear my drums any more. its like my drums arent staying set on 1A.

does this make sense??

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
2 things i can think that are wrong

1.Are u in multi mode on your motif??? THis the mode when your able to assign differnt sounds to differnt MIDI channels. To me it sounds like your in regular voice mode, In this mode you can only one voice at a time, and everything is on MIDI channel 1. That would explain why when u change to MIDI channel 2 on your MPC you don’t get any sound from your motif.
Multi mode is the mode where u can assign differnt sounds to differnt MIDI channels.
I think that may be the problem casue with the rack i had the same problem when i first got it.

2. IF you are in multi mode , are your MIDI recive channels on the motif assignmend properly??
When I first got my rack , The midi channels were all scrambled
For example on when I played MIDI on channel 3 of my motif, the sound would trigger the voice on MIDI channel 6 becasue the midi recive channel on 3 was set to MIDI 6. I basicaaly had to go in to motif multi edit menu and make sure channel 1 recived information from channel, Channel 2 recived info from channle 2 etc… It took 3 minttues and its easy to do.

You can see the details of the thread here…
https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5659&highlight=MOTIF+RACK+MPC+2000xl

Remember i have the rack so things may be set up slightly different. If you haven’t already go here
http://www.motifator.com/

they have forums where u can post questions etc and they are very helpful. IF I can't help they should be able to help u out,

Let me know if it works

Classs…..

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Very good stuff Classic, its been almost 2 years since I parted with my old MOTIF but this pretty much applies to just about any of the workstations that are out especially the Triton too....I am impressed by Classic's quick advancement of knowledge of his gear, it is right on Point......midi can be a b*** somtimes though if you don't have an understanding of send and receive channels.

max90

ill o.g.
thanks for the info classic.

i tried changing it to multi (which is in edit correct?) and it still changes on me. i will keep trying though. thanks.

max90

ill o.g.
classic, im sure im might be overlooking something simple, but the problems is still there. whenever i try to switch voices, it changes up my current recorded pattern/sequence on my mpc.

and the manual doesnt seem to mention this situation either. any other pointers??

how do i get into muliti mode? i found it in in one of the sub modes, changed it and the problem didint go away. is there a master multi mode for this situation??

thanks in adavnce.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Did u check the MIDI recive channels like i said in the eariler post??:? i cant really help you to much becasue i have the rack and it operates slighly different.

Like i said the best thing is to go here and do your reseach, thats the only way ur really gonna get the answer.

http://www.motifator.com/forums/index.php?Cat=1,2,4

and post in the motif forum. Do a search there also, i bet this topic has been touched on before.

class...

members online