Mpc 1000 compact flash card question.

julio g.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I want to know which brand of card to buy on a regular camera store for the mpc. I herd that its cheaper to go that route. One big question in my mind is "What is the difference between the type 1 and type2 flash cards, and does the mp use eighther or? Thanks...

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
All you have to do is make sure its compact flash and your good to go. Im not sure what type 1 or 2 is.

Snuffdaddy

ill o.g.
Yeah, the MPC will use either Type I or II no problem. Some devices are able to take advantage of Type II CF cards' better read/write speed, though the MPC is not one of them, so it really doesn't matter.
The only other difference between Type I and II cards is the card thickness... CF Type I is 3.3 mm thick Type II cards are 5mm thick. A Type I card will operate in a CF Type I or Type II slot. A CF Type II card will only fit in a CF Type II slot.

julio g.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thank all of ya. You guys really helped me out. I bought a sandisk 256 mb at radio shack and it is working fine. It seems like sometimes the samples I record take up alot of ram. Thanks again...

T

The Bastard

u can buy em for mad cheap used on amazon or ebay , i paid 10 bucks for 128 mb,sweet

members online