mpc 1000 or mv-8000?

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i just wanna hear some peoples feed back on these two. i doing my research on both but just wanna get sum feed back from people who actually have them or used them? thanks.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
mv 8000 no question. it can do everything the mpc does, plus waaaaaaaay more. its pretty much the only machine out that fully integrates midi and audio within itself. everything else does it externally.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
mv is superior to the 1000, not even in the same league ... only thing that compares to the mv is the 4000 ... and honestly, and im a 4000 owner, the mv has more features than the 4000 but i still like the 4000 better. probably just due to the fact that i own it and use it everyday so im attached. the mv is a better vaulue (bang for ya buck) than the 4000 its just that i love the way the mpc sequences

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I have the MV and I very happy I got it and only wish I had gotten it a long time before now, because I been sampling with Akai previously (2000, 1000 and 3000 only dabbled with the 4000 though) and thought I would never end up getting anything else.....but all of my doubts have been erased by what I am able to do and how quickly I can put an idea down....just how RZA and Jermaine Dupree said...I thought it was a sales pitch but after you learn the machine you will see exactly what they are talking about......its a prototype for the future of hardware based production......in my opinion the MV leaves any of the akai samplers I owned in the dust.......I have just got the triton x50 as the controller and synth...but the mv also has an analog modeling synth built in too...but to your orginal question Cleverwon is right....if you decided on the 1000 you would be short....I had that in between when my mpc 3000 started malfunctioning and so I could not afford the 4000 but I had my eyes on it....then I started to demo the MV and took a chance (guitar center midnight blowout someone on Illmuzik advertised back in June and traded my old fantom S it cost me $995 dollars brand new) and there is no way you can compare what the MV can do VS the mpc 1000.

SlickVikNewman

Hip Hop Super Villian
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
It aint always the machine, its the man ( in misscc's case the woman ) behind it. Its been said on here a million times but, alot of cats have 10's of thousands of dollars worth of equipment and suck ass like R. Kelly on his sex tape. Then you got Johnny Basement cranking out fire with far less. MV-8000 is the best, but make sure you will use it to it full ability and expand your own at the same time.

T

The Bastard

dood if u can afford it,get the fuckin mv, just picture not havin to ever open up multiple programs to do diffrent things ever again,never running out of ram,never being dependent on yur computer(a major luxury),not ever having to buy another half ass sampler again

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
what every one else said lmao

i cosign that one there. lol. You should be looking into the 4k if your interested in the MV.

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well i was thinking getting mpc1000 and using the rest of money to get a motif rack or fantom rack. but i think i going to just get the mv-8000. still gonna contemplate on it.

O

open mind

mv8000. it just has more features and is state of the art right now.

T

The Bastard

all the roland gear i ever used i never really liked the interface,i had the sp 404 my boy has the 606 and ive fucked wit the fantom inside guitar center. id rather get a mpc 4000,mpcs are just so much more straight foward and practical to me, although i hear the 4k is diffrent from any other mpc ever made

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
The Bastard said:
all the roland gear i ever used i never really liked the interface,i had the sp 404 my boy has the 606 and ive fucked wit the fantom inside guitar center. id rather get a mpc 4000,mpcs are just so much more straight foward and practical to me, although i hear the 4k is diffrent from any other mpc ever made
yeah I hear you and see the thing is I remember when the mpc4000 came out....all of the purists and true to their 2000's and xls were like that cheap piece of overpriced buggy os junk, it takes too long to remember all of the different screens, it's too hard I can go on and on....it really is about what you get comfortable with and then how you apply what you know....this is my piece of advice...yes it really is not about your gear but in so many measures it really is....how easy can I put the idea in my head down on gear...if I don't know any gear and how to apply it or software then you just have an idea.....not that you cant produce, but the technical skills need to come up to par with your ideas....then you can paint whatever you want.....across any platform....it shouldn't matter...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
MV and 1K are both 44khz/16Bit so in regards to that I'd pick the MV
MV probably costs around twice a 1K so in regards to that I'd pick the 1K
MV is not portable, the 1k is, so based on that I pick the 1K
The MV has bigger interface ( more control from desk ) than the 1K so based on that I'd pick the MV.

etc etc etc, I think when someone truly knows how this game works he'd pick a 2kxl with a Z8 or a 4K, or just a 2kxl. There's a lot of mumbo jumbo ish on a lot of gear that are plain wack or weak, what you want or need to look at are specs and there's only 3 samplers that work @ 24bit/96khz which are the Z4,Z8 and 4k. This doesnt compare to a 500, 1k, 2k, 2kxl,2500 or a MV. There are still good samplers below the 24/96 range, Emu E4xt is rolls royce of samplers (it has a slicing feature called beatmunger, also other EOS samplers have this) but most of the mpc range are shit samplers no matter how many features they embed (even though less is still more) leaving the 60 and 3000(s3200xl get it!) aside. MPC is the best sequencer out there, the 4k is the best hardware daw around when it comes to quality...operating any of those and any brand is a matter of knowledge and routine.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
If you're going to spend that much money, you should get the MPC 2500. Roland has a bad track record on equipment support. They will eventually drop the MV and forget about it (no updates).

lol. you crazy yo. In my time dealing with Roland they have done alot for the customers. Free gear, on time updates, and pretty good customer support. Now Akai on the other hand are the ones u need to look out for. Their users have to get 3rd party updates because they keep gettin screwed over because of buggy os updates.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
another thing you mite want to look at if youre used to using software the MV is good because it lets you sequence in pattern mode, like most soft sequencers, and if you add the vga output its just like using software but with a dedicated hardware controller, that might be what you want it might not i've nearly gone for the MV a couple of times but i dnt know mayb i will one day !

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I heard the MV when you sample into it, the samples lose something soundwise. I also heard you gotta fiddle with the timing on the MV that its not as tight as the MPC. Take it with a grain of salt though because I've never used it before.

But here's my advice: Features don't make music. You do. So consequently fuck features, as long as it got the ones you need.