MPC Ren OR Studio

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Anyone using either one now? Been forcing myself to use maschine the past two yrs and I like it but dont love it how I did my MPC1000. Debating on if I should get the Studio or is it over kill and a waste on money since I already have machine. Heard the MPC software is kinda buggy right now.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
Im in a moving out of the house progress at the time so i had to move my analog studio. I normally use MPC 2500 but i got the mpc ren now for checking. I really like the hardware unit, but the software isnt that good, and yeah, the baby bugs are there. I guess the MPC ren will be good after some updates, the NImaschine also had its issues when it first came out, so we will see...

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Im in a moving out of the house progress at the time so i had to move my analog studio. I normally use MPC 2500 but i got the mpc ren now for checking. I really like the hardware unit, but the software isnt that good, and yeah, the baby bugs are there. I guess the MPC ren will be good after some updates, the NImaschine also had its issues when it first came out, so we will see...

KD, how is the REN as far as opening sequences you made in your 2500?

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
Ozmosis: ive had no problems with that. Not once.. But i have had problems whit it shutting down and hanging up. (Sorry bad english). After the latest update ive had no problems at all. But i will go back to my mpc2500 when i have moved. Just for the feel and i want to keep my things out of the box(Mac). :))

Thedreampolice: i also have an Nimaschine standing here, still i prefer to go whit the Mpc ren. For me its another world when it comes to the pads/unit. I like hitting on something that gives me something back. Hitting the maschine was for me no joy, pure plastic feel. What the Akai team thinking of me, i couldnt care. The software issues; im just hoping it will work out in time when its on as high updates as the maschine, if not, then it dont. :)

Just get the studio the ren is a over price unit that can do the same thing with exception for vintage mode. The software is still lacking and the sounds that come with it are a disapointment compared to maschines. There are features that id love to see.akai make that will improve my work

1. Pad export
2. movng tracks in mixer view like a daw
3. Better sampling ability in chop mode
4. Track select export
5. Some sort of vintage mode for the studio

members online

No members online now.