MPC100 8 outs and tracking out

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
there's no eight out...but six, MPC2k(XL) has 8.

This is logical cuz the mpc's been build for drummers and percussionists, a typical drum recording session has at max 6-8 mics placed.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
The 1000, you can get up to 6 seperate outs, and hook all six out to a mixers ins, and you can control the levels of each track, if thats the question your asking.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Another trick is to resample the outputs internally to a memory card track by track, any external synths track by track from the audio in,then you have about the Highest quality tracked waves you could have without any noise whatsoever, then import the waves from the card to your software multi track......I have not done this, but I am about to do it, but I have dumped a whole mix from the resampled outputs and it sound VERY High quality, its about like dumping the way reason or Fruity loops would, except track by track......I dont think you can dump each one simultaneously using that method though.......thats the thing about having gear you have to go thru the whole tracking process, where as if you had software you dont necessarily have to do that immediatlely you can always call up the same sounds and dump it when needed......with gear I dump every track because I hate calling up the synth sounds or losing them off my modules and Motif....

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
That's why you want more than 8 inputs on your daw and the mpc clocked. Than it's hitting the rekkid button on you daw and it starts trackin them outs.

With resampled you mean each individual sound recorded to a seperate track, so no grouping ? I mean, this is hitting the limit on the mpc's purpose. It has enough I/O to assign all drums n percussion for a track, but if you're using the mpc as a daw than I'd suggest grouping kick to 1, snare to 2, hats on 3, percussion on 4, stereo synth on 5/6, monophonic synth on 7 and bass on 8. If you a mpc1k...well tuff luck, I'd stick to using it for drums purely or use it for phrase sampling in order to save outputs (you'd create a break and record it, load it back into the mpc, same for instrument scores except bass which remains mono).

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I merely said that as what you can do with it if you need to print the beat tracked to wave and import to your app instead of recording from the audio outs to the DAW, I had the 3000 8outs and 2000 8 outs,for a few years, but I got sick of the disk loading aspect as opposed to the newer functions usb and software ease of use of the new series of mpc's the last 2 years.......I cant wait for the newer way to print from the machine though and they put 8 outputs so you can print it.....I work for speed I dont' need to waste time in the dumping and printing functions...thats the part I hate because it slows you down.....oh well

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
hehe, I get it...Im still working inline steelo flippin A's n B's, just wire up the console and there she blows via RME, flip n playback again. Oke, I gotta wait throughout the duration of the recording but at least there's room for 32 simultanious. But I understand the motto, I like to take the time to make nice stuff, but the fast work comes from dialing on the MPC or FL.

And by printing I assume you mean rendering right... or plain analog recording ?!