My and/or The Drunk Pedestrians studio tour. Full gear list, tons of photos.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I kept telling Fade I would do this, so I figured I would get off my ass and do it. Especially since I have a new album right around the corner and a huge announcement to go with it that I am just not ready to say yet. Anyway on to the tour.

So I use this space to create all the Drunk Pedestrians music and I am rehearsing a new band called "The Davenport Brothers" That I am pretty excited about. I also believe this will become the rehearsal space for the other band I am in "Flannel Channel" Ok here we go

Here is the welcome mat to the studio
IMG_5400.jpeg

Then the view down the stairs with of course Drunk Pedestrian artwork

IMG_5402.jpeg

IMG_5403.jpeg

The door on the right is storage for cables and misc studio items. I also put a bed in the there for when the party goes too long for someone and they need to crash. Probably the most useful thing in the studio

IMG_5404.jpeg

What you see as you first walk in

IMG_5405.jpeg

To the left is Aaron Hills live rig, for Davenport Brothers. No one will remember but Aaron and I played in Ivory Hill together years ago and we toured all over. You can hear that band here and here is an old video of Ivory Hill live, this was pre smart phone. Wow that was a long time ago. Aaron actually hired me just to be the touring bass player for Ivory Hill, eventually I would become a full fledged member of the band. Amazing that it became a lifelong friendship and collaboration. Aaron put out an amazing solo album called "Occasus" (Produced by the great Joshua James btw) That you should totally check out. My favorite song on that record is "Treason" one of my favorite songs of his that he wrote. He is an amazing musician and I love that we can write and work together again. He also sang and co wrote "Girlfriend" on the next Drunk Pedestrians album. He obviously is using a Nord Eletro 4, He plays Takamine guitars

IMG_5406.jpeg

Here you can see all the guitar cases ready to hit the road lmao

IMG_5407.jpeg

Rehearsal rig and more Drunk Pedestrian art.

IMG_5408.jpeg

Rhythm section side

IMG_5409.jpeg

This is my amp rig for mid sized shows its an Ampeg B1 amp with a Trace Elliot 1x15 for the low end and an Orange 4x10 for punch

IMG_5410.jpeg

Here are my main two touring basses, one is an old Yamaha that I have owned for 25+ years now. It has been rebuilt over and over and now has active/passive pickup and the works. That was my main bass in Ivory Hill. The other is a pretty standard fender P. That is my main bass in Flannel Channel. When Im gigging out (none in 2020 sadly) I have these gone through at least once a month by a tech. Only strap locks for me. Fun fact one time when Flannel Channel was opening for Puddle of Mudd my strap fell off DURING MY BASS SOLO PART We were doing a cover of Combersome (the bass solo is at about 2:25 in that video. THATS when the fell off. ) I didn't miss a note but it was a struggle. From that show on, I only use strap locks.

IMG_5412.jpeg

Here is my bass pedal board for live and studio fun. I can get about any tone I want out of this thing. Obviously I love Aguilar gear. That Pork & Pickle can get nasty though, probably one of my favorite pedals ever.

IMG_5413.jpeg

IMG_5414.jpeg

IMG_5415.jpeg

Gotta have some fun sometimes...

IMG_5416.jpeg

This is the messy guitar side. I thought about cleaning this place up a bit more but I kinda want to show it as it is day in and day out. This is a WORKING studio and rehearsal space and we beat this place up. Oh this is all in the basement of my house BTW.

IMG_5417.jpeg

IMG_5418.jpeg

This is the pedal board Zack is kinda using right now. Zack is the brains behind Flannel Channel check him signing here and here He is amazing artist in his own right, super awesome to get him and Aaron in a band together.

IMG_5419.jpeg

Now off to the control room

IMG_5420.jpeg

IMG_5421.jpeg

Last edited:

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Part two

Im starting pre production on the next Drunk Pedestrians album. Its theme is noisy and nasty old 90's sounds so I got some OLD boxes for this record. That top piece is an ART SGX guitar processor from like the late 80's its gross and nasty and perfect. Below is a cheap Behringer Vamp and it also sounds like shit. But that's what I am going for.

IMG_5422.jpeg

My best friend Klint Ericsons artwork, this art has been in every studio I have ever had. I was the best man in his wedding, him and his wife are political activists and super cool. Some of the best people I know. Klint is an amazing artist and actually the artwork from the first Drunk Pedestrians album "With Expressive Aphasia" was from one of his works. Check his stuff out. Its fantastic. I think that record came out in what 2006? Thats a long time ago...its also a terrible record that no one should listen to.

IMG_5423.jpeg

IMG_5424.jpeg

IMG_5425.jpeg

IMG_5426.jpeg

Going to kick some 4-track jams for the next album!

IMG_5427.jpeg

IMG_5428.jpeg

IMG_5429.jpeg

My little Modular...

IMG_5430.jpeg

IMG_5431.jpeg

IMG_5432.jpeg

IMG_5433.jpeg

ahh Maschine, my baby and my trusty keystation 88es that I bought when I was studying at Berklee. That thing has traveled all over with me. Fun story my ex sold that after our divorce and I found it used and music go round, I knew it was the same one based on how it was wore down. So I bought it back. That was a great day.

IMG_5434.jpeg

My first 400 series rack. This is for live recording, gotta get some more modules.

IMG_5435.jpeg

Sampling fodder

IMG_5436.jpeg

Boxes of the soon to be released Drunk Pedestrians F# on Vinyl

IMG_5439.jpeg

Almost forgot my upright bass, fun fact my bass instructor who has been a symphony player and instructor for like 30+ years is doing like a year in county for drunk driving...

IMG_5440.jpeg

Thats about it, any questions?

Last edited:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
You're @thedreampolice living the dream. Let me get one of your bass axes and that upright. How much did the latter cost and what brand/models are all your axes? I'm lucky to own 1 Alvarez Regent 5212 acoustic.

Last edited:

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
The p bass is this one https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...special-surf-pearl-with-pau-ferro-fingerboard

My upright was 2k and is considered very low end. My upright instructors bass is insured for like 80k that world is nuts. My Yamaha bass I bought in 95 and I forget the model but I can look. The ONLY thing still original on that thing is the neck and body, all other hardware has been replace and some parts multiple times. I bet I have played over 500 shows with that bass in a 25+ year time frame.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy