NAMM NEW - New Roland Module

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Roland presents to you ...

The V synth XT module and boy does it look impressive....
http://www.gearjunkies.com/view_image.php?id=2881

Very nice.....However..... The V synthhas flopped in general and Im wondering what the hell they're thinking releasing a module version. I mean, it shows by spec it can do harm but in reality the OS is still behind, expansion synth only work one at a time ( wtf ?!?!? ) so it's a dedicated solo machine ( although former specs stated it does work multitimbral ). It's still not a bad machine but considering the pricetag and it's performance over technique it becomes nothing special...not for that money it aint.

but hell, shit's to be launched on the 20ste of januari, or at least there will be more about this goodlooking module.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Nope, I agree with you except for the Oasys concept ( which damn old already, in fact all korg machines have been based around the Oasys engine ). That synth will be dope as hell, no matter what it looks like, it about time they'd released a synth with an open engine, definitley with so called open engines like Rolands V-synth crap which can only runn one machine.

In all I found little of interest at NAMM, technological development is rather on the low this year. But then again, there's little left to invent besides upgrading the means of audio/midi transport.

members online