Fixed NEW! 2020 Styles

Fade

The Beat Hamster
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 1
I made some changes to the current styles and did some tidying up.

First, you'll notice the default style is a bit different, and wider for desktop. I also made some changes to the homepage here and also to the Collabs page here.

There's still a few things I need to fix but it's 99% complete.

If you want to keep the current style you're using, you can do that too. Whichever style you choose, you can change it either by clicking the style button at the bottom of the page, or in your Preferences.

001.jpg

002.jpg

ArvinArmani

I'm just a shook one
Battle Points: 90
can u put a system that makes people who entered collab list but haven't been around for more than 2 months disappear from the collab list?

Fade

The Beat Hamster
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
can u put a system that makes people who entered collab list but haven't been around for more than 2 months disappear from the collab list?
I could, but I would make it longer though. I think if it was 2 months the list would be pretty short!

Fade

The Beat Hamster
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
UPDATE

Check it out: The default style is now called "THE ILL 2020". You can go back to the other styles if you want but there's a few things to keep in mind.

If you choose an older style:
  • The main forum page only shows a few forums. This is because I merged various forums into some main ones: Beat Making and Off-Topic.
  • The shoutbox is reversed. It was actually reversed already, so this is the default look. The newest shouts are at the top.
If you stick with the new style:
  • When you go to the main forum page you will now just see 4 images: Beatmaking, Showcase, Off-Topic, Beat Chat. This is because it makes more sense to consolidate some of the forums into one. We don't have many posts in each separate forum, so now under one it's much easier to post and find stuff.
  • The menu at the top is changed a bit.
  • There's a "More ILL" submenu on the left sidebar. Those are extra areas to check out.
  • You will be able to see the Shoutbox aka Beat Chat on its own page. :D
Archives:

I also took all the older posts and moved them into a new Archives forum, which has sub-forums. You can view and search in there but can't post/reply. These are there strictly for reference. If you see an old post you'd like to reply to, you can always just create your own new post in the appropriate forum.

I made this decision because there's no sense in leaving threads from years ago, open for replies. Everyone will hate you if you dig up a thread from 2003!

Conclusion

Everything else works as usual. The main thing that has changed is the main forum page and how you enter the site. I hope you guys like the new style and give it a try. It's based off the previous default I just did "ILL Dark".

ArvinArmani

I'm just a shook one
Battle Points: 90
UPDATE

Check it out: The default style is now called "THE ILL 2020". You can go back to the other styles if you want but there's a few things to keep in mind.

If you choose an older style:
  • The main forum page only shows a few forums. This is because I merged various forums into some main ones: Beat Making and Off-Topic.
  • The shoutbox is reversed. It was actually reversed already, so this is the default look. The newest shouts are at the top.
If you stick with the new style:
  • When you go to the main forum page you will now just see 4 images: Beatmaking, Showcase, Off-Topic, Beat Chat. This is because it makes more sense to consolidate some of the forums into one. We don't have many posts in each separate forum, so now under one it's much easier to post and find stuff.
  • The menu at the top is changed a bit.
  • There's a "More ILL" submenu on the left sidebar. Those are extra areas to check out.
  • You will be able to see the Shoutbox aka Beat Chat on its own page. :D
Archives:

I also took all the older posts and moved them into a new Archives forum, which has sub-forums. You can view and search in there but can't post/reply. These are there strictly for reference. If you see an old post you'd like to reply to, you can always just create your own new post in the appropriate forum.

I made this decision because there's no sense in leaving threads from years ago, open for replies. Everyone will hate you if you dig up a thread from 2003!

Conclusion

Everything else works as usual. The main thing that has changed is the main forum page and how you enter the site. I hope you guys like the new style and give it a try. It's based off the previous default I just did "ILL Dark".
First of all, the design is Awesome, i love the looks.

"Beatmaking" needs more subforums imo. It was really easier to find stuff that u needed before u did this.
I know you know this but the battles page looks stupid, you need a new pic for battle that and hopefully a more iconic one. I mean a pic that can become THE battle that logo.
Where's "Members" ?
This whole movement is in a smart direction, but if you didn't delete any forums, just put it in another forum as subforum it would've been better because Hardware discussions are a little disconnected from the rest of the music producing topics.

There's one important thing, and its that the "forums" page looks like it lacks content. I mean if you made the pictures rectangular and above eachother to make it look bigger at least, then maybe did some fancy stuff like make it show the last discussions when you put mouse in the subforum pic or ... you know? the new design gave illmuzik a new mood, it just lacks some stuff.

Also can u make sure that if a new member or non member opens illmuzik, the ill 2020 design will show up for him?

P.s one of my habits when i have NOTHING to do is going to 2002 topics and saying Man ... some of these people are dead now :D I mean they were just like us. except when i read those I feel like the ill or in other words, the whole internet was cozier back then.

OGBama

ILLIEN
What happened to Introductions?