New DMX!!!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Glad to see X doin better, hope he keeps it up (And stays the hell out of Arizona!). Wonder who gave him a Drake beat, haha.

X was also one of the most honest dudes on a mic, I def want to see him make a comeback, thanks for postin Dac

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah no doubt...it seems like trouble just runs him down no matter what. I'd luv to see him come back strong but you know how that goes...nevertheless, if he drops an album, i'll be one of the first in line to purchase it.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Hopefully he understands how important his music is, not just to fans, but to the people that depend on him touring and working, overal: Bodygaurds, Producer, His homies doing whatever. His voice aint change much, so its DEF possible (Especially if Jay and Em can be pushing 40+, he got time)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Well thats true. Im gonna keep my fingers crossed on X though. I think the game needs more "vets" in it right now and I think that X could still appeal and have value to the younger crowd as well. I guess we'll see how it goes...you know X has NEVER been a quitter so maybe, just maybe. =)

RAW-D

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 41
im hoping for a comeback.
he is dope as hell.
i just saw an freestyle of him when he came back outta jail a month ago or something.
that was dope 2.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Sad to say but I think he needs to get "behind the scenes". Being the front man is what got him into to all his problems. Heavy drinking and drugs is hard to rebound from. That's life long recovery which in most cases requires for you to stay away from the life style that lead you to them in the first place. He's obviously still on edge judging from this video and some interviews that I've seen. He's sweating big time in this video. Could be from nerves or it could be some heart damage. The heart and brain are the main body parts that crack affect!

I know he and his fam have to eat (dude got a gang of kids) but I think he can do it in another way. Sometimes what your family needs is YOU. Him being incarcerated or possibly dead from drugs will remove him from the scene that he really needs to be in for them!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I humbly disagree...these new joints are X being classic X. He has always been a versatile rapper with different angles. On every album, he dropped a radio/jump off, type joint (Ruff Ryders Anthem, What's My Name...), he dropped some grimey type ish (X is Coming, Comin' For Ya...), a groove type joint (Here We Go Again, Hows It Going Down...) and he ended most of his albums with a prayer and thats what we're seeing with this new stuff...classic DMX.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
and he ended most of his albums with a prayer and thats what we're seeing with this new stuff...classic DMX.
yeah he did do that...but thats where he loses me (thank goodness the prayer comes at the end). I mean its all good to thank the most high and all, but to pop as much shit as X does on an album...and then end it with a prayer. its like he's the ultimate heathen. Robbin nxggas, shootin nxggas, then prayin for nxggas. "its dark and hell is hot" is all I can take from X. I wish him the best on his return.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
yeah he did do that...but thats where he loses me (thank goodness the prayer comes at the end). I mean its all good to thank the most high and all, but to pop as much shit as X does on an album...and then end it with a prayer. its like he's the ultimate heathen. Robbin nxggas, shootin nxggas, then prayin for nxggas. "its dark and hell is hot" is all I can take from X. I wish him the best on his return.

hahaha, I feel ya. I agree that he's not for everyone. I'm not "the ultimate heathen" but I think the reason I like X so much because I can relate to him...I've never shot or robbed anyone but I've sure as hell wanted to...and...I am guilty of praying for nxggas so I relate (somewhat)...lol.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
I hate to say it but there will be no comeback for X

With the right production, and marketing, classic X could steal both Waka Flocka, Ross', and a few other's audiences. He can give enough street ignorance to pull away from them, but adds the prayer and honesty raps to complete the lifestyle and make those brands irrelevant.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
With the right production, and marketing, classic X could steal both Waka Flocka, Ross', and a few other's audiences.

I doubt that.....that's a really young audience. He may tap in but "steal", nah. They look at 40 year olds like there grandpa's these days.......if nobody knew his real age maybe! 40 is 40...lol...I don't buy into that "40 is the new 30" shhhhhh

Behind the scenes u can be 80 and nobody would care....lol The older rappers still doing it hadn't fallen off like X..that's why they're still relevant.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
I doubt that.....that's a really young audience. He may tap in but "steal", nah. They look at 40 year olds like there grandpa's these days.......if nobody knew his real age maybe! 40 is 40...lol...I don't buy into that "40 is the new 30" shhhhhh

Behind the scenes u can be 80 and nobody would care....lol The older rappers still doing it hadn't fallen off like X..that's why they're still relevant.

Maybe not the youngin who listen to Flocka, but the majority of Ross and older Flocka listeners, I think so. ...21+, besides you cant get into paying venues unless you're 21+ (Touring is where the $ is)

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
yea I doubt a 15 year old remembers about DMX circa 1998-2003.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
besides you cant get into paying venues unless you're 21+

The hip hop and club world would be perfect if that was true. Is not that way down south at all. It's suppose to be...but it's not! These club owners are GREEDY...they let anything in with a pulse seems like. They I.D. earlier in the night but once it gets around midnight the rules go out the door. An 18 year old got up in Central Station in Atlanta and merk'd a few people when a fight broke out last New Years Eve. That joint is still up and running. Money talks when it comes to these sleezy club owners. They worry about the fallout afterwards!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I think a good strategy for X would be come back as himself but go after a wider crowd (like J, Kanye and Lil Pain is doing). I wouldn't even worry about Ross' fans. I think he's got a shot, I don't think it would be a totally hopeless cause if he keeps everything straight in his life and such.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
X is a talent.....no doubt about that! I hope for every reason outside of hip hop he stays clean and out of jail. Notice..he says in the song that if he can't or doesn't get this right he may off himself. I believe him! He may not do it in the way described but surely extensive drug use can and will get you there!

members online