New kid on the block

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
Allow me to introduce myself...
I've been producing music on and off since I was 18. I was never an MPC guy. Since I always good with computers I naturally gravitated to Fruity Loops and started my journey in music production. I wish I still had some of my first songs saved but I was heavy into video game samples. I chopped up everything from Final Fantasy to Chrono Trigger to Castlevania X. My biggest influences have been Timbaland, The Neptunes and DJ Premier. I hope to share my insight and gain valuable feedback from other members on this forum in a respectful and productive way. I'm adding a link to my soundcloud below for you guys to check out.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Un4zn and it's nice to know that you don't feel that the MPC is the Holy Grail of Hip Hop, no dis, but what was it about the MPC that you didn't get if you tried one?

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
Welcome @Un4zn and it's nice to know that you don't feel that the MPC is the Holy Grail of Hip Hop, no dis, but what was it about the MPC that you didn't get if you tried one?
The first MPC I tried was the 1000. I just wasn't able to get a fast workflow going and I felt the learning curve was too steep and not worth the time I would have to invest to master it. No disrespect to the MPC and ASR-10 as both machines created a lot of hit records back in the days...just not my cup of tea. I was able to try the MPC One recently, and even with the touch screen on the device I still prefer a keyboard, mouse and a large display.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome! Yeah it's always a 50/50 thing on whether to make beats with hardware or just software. I like both but prefer the MPC. I spent years just using software though, FL was always on point. I remember when there were lots of video games being sampled years ago. I think that was a phase everyone had at one point!

members online