New Mac Prooooooooooooooo

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Its luveleeee and I want it

http://www.apple.com/macpro/

its twice as fast as the G5 ( Dual 3Ghz Xeon "woodcrest" ), max 16Gb 667Mhz DDR2 ECC, 4MB shared L2 cache per processor... I dunno, but by the end of this year its mine muhahahaha

O

open mind

with 2500 euros i can build a much stronger machine then the specifications from the mac.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
yo the cheapest bare bones one is is about 2300,but just for the hell of it I customized one with the specifications we "PRODUCERS" need and the joint came to range between 6,000-8000....U can go to apple.con and select the buy optioin to see how much one will run....Step ur game up

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
J Rilla said:
yo the cheapest bare bones one is is about 2300,but just for the hell of it I customized one with the specifications we "PRODUCERS" need and the joint came to range between 6,000-8000....U can go to apple.con and select the buy optioin to see how much one will run....Step ur game up

The Canadian price is $2799, which is cheaper than the Quad G5 selling for $3999. The specs seem good enough for most producers. The only thing I would do is upgrade the RAM and add another hard disk. That would bring it up to about $3200. I'm curious, what did you factor into your customization to bring it up between $6000-$8000? That's sounds kind of extreme.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
The-Shadow said:
The Canadian price is $2799, which is cheaper than the Quad G5 selling for $3999. The specs seem good enough for most producers. The only thing I would do is upgrade the RAM and add another hard disk. That would bring it up to about $3200. I'm curious, what did you factor into your customization to bring it up between $6000-$8000? That's sounds kind of extreme.
I'm sure the dual flat panel screens helped......I also completely maxed out the RAM to i think like 8 gigs and had two 500 gig hard drives..I went a little overboard and like you said the basic one would be fine for most producers

MastaMariucci

ill o.g.
That thing makes me wanna drool. I got it up to $18,000 something on the site w/everything maxed out lol. DAMMMMMMN!!! That's like some peoples yearly salary.

RaO large

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dont buy your RAM from apple, they fuck you in the drive through every time. That should knock the price down a bit.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Both Bluetooth 2.0+EDR and AirPort Extreme
Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse - U.S. English
1 x SuperDrive
Accessory kit
Two 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
1GB (2 x 512MB)
160GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s
Mac OS X - U.S. English
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB (single-link DVI/dual-link DVI)

$3303.00

I'll get drives and memory myself which would cost about an extra 800-1000 bucks...then Im left with getting Symphony or something because I cant recall any other PCI express pro audio card, unless you go FW ( i mean, you dont hook up an usb audiophile to this babe ).

MastaMariucci

ill o.g.
RaO large said:
Dont buy your RAM from apple, they fuck you in the drive through every time. That should knock the price down a bit.

Yeah, I bought my 1 gig add-on from a third party for about 1/3 the price apple charges and it works great.

M

mars

yea, i wanna get that also, but honestly tho, they came out with tha single and dual processor, then dual-core and quad-core, now they have intel xeon, imean what more would a person want, i havent even used a g5 before, but the first ones they come out with sounded like it can do evrything already, now imagine intel xeon

its funny because evry model they come out with, they always hyping it, saying its tha fastest cpu in the world etc, lol i can't even imagine how fast the xeon is.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^I know, it way beyond my expectations and I cant have the faintest imagination how FL would do under bootcamp on this baby lol ( and logic of course ).