Peace, What up everyone! Im Matt and im outa Queensland Australia.

New to the forum! This is the site ive been lookin for, Stoked to see an active community of beat makers with regular battles!

Ive been making beats for 9 years on and off but am def keen to get some new shit made and post up in these battles!

Peace, What up everyone! Im Matt and im outa Queensland Australia.

New to the forum! This is the site ive been lookin for, Stoked to see an active community of beat makers with regular battles!

Ive been making beats for 9 years on and off but am def keen to get some new shit made and post up in these battles!
You're the first matt i've ever met in my life! Welcome to the family bro

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @36Techniques and what's your musical background, where can your beats be found and what's your scene like?

Welcome @36Techniques and what's your musical background, where can your beats be found and what's your scene like?
Thanks everyone.. Yeah so ive floated around between hiphop and dance music, fair bit of deep dubstep type of thing but when I started making beats I wanted to make hiphop it kinda just took a mind of its own when i started buying gear and building my studio and that type of thing..

Ive always been fairly self conscious of showing people my music as ive never felt it was good enough but i mean im older now so im happy to look back and see where the styles and influences have gone over time but for the reason mentioned Im sad theres not heaps more to show.. but here are all my old sound clouds and my current one.. The two songs in my current one i just found are from a year ago and i had them on private so no i never shared them haha but im actually happy with them for the most part. for now im going back to hiphop though

Back in 2013 I went to Dubspot in NYC and did the ableton and music foundations courses which was awesome but for the next few years after spent most of my time building my studio in a way so I could Jam with samplers and drum machines using Dub mixing techniques.. though i always had trouble recording, the experience was great though.

https://soundcloud.com/simzilla (oldest)
https://soundcloud.com/36techniques (current)

Thanks everyone.. Yeah so ive floated around between hiphop and dance music, fair bit of deep dubstep type of thing but when I started making beats I wanted to make hiphop it kinda just took a mind of its own when i started buying gear and building my studio and that type of thing..
Im the same but instead of dubstep I did jungle and drum n bass. Now I do hip hop and rnb, reggae and dancehall, house and garage and still do the drum d bass. I think its good to do as many different genres as possible, its always a challenge and always a learning experience.

members online