NI Maschine

dfine

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yo!
Does anybody use the Program/Hardware? If so how is it? Pros & Cons.

Chill
D

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I think this has been discussed, did you do a search here already?

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've had it for about 6 mnths and havent really tried to learn it until today and it is great in stand alone mode...Opening it one more than one track as a plug in seems to crash logic though.

how are you guys dumping your audio into your DAW's for mixdown?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
well it shows that you are very familiar with that style of production. But yea, MPC is on its way out.

Yeah but ppl only jumped on the MPC wagon because Pete Rock used it. Rolands SP-808 was 10x better than the MPC function wise, and other than the CD/ drive you'd have to have the MPC4000 to compare it to....lol

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
*Thread Ender* This statment is like the shaq attack of the "whats better" convo.

maybe for most but not dac! See you gotta understand that software programs took the skill away from hardware gadgets. No longer did you have to know the pressure it took from your hand to scratch, backspin, and mix records. No longer did you have to fine tune knobs to get that perfect sound and feel, no longer did you need to retune the strings on your guitar...but everyone of those aspects made music what it was in the past, and that cant be duplicated, its like a fingerprint in every song that constantly changes. You can't hear the sound of fingers sliding up and down strings in between notes on a acoustic guitar, you cant hear a person inhaling while playing a woodwind on software. The whole software / hardware debate was based on sound quality and the TRUE debate of which better replicates real life was overlooked. Sound quality is one thing, realness is another. Ends that lesson with a James Brown Haa!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"You can't hear the sound of fingers sliding up and down strings in between notes on a acoustic guitar, you cant hear a person inhaling while playing a woodwind on software."

Yes you can, have you heard of VSL?
In fact string slides have been part of acoustic guitar libraries for years.

I have seen VSL fool classically train violin players who have played for years.

and I still fine tune knobs in my software program

HA

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
OK, heres the thing... humans cant reproduce the same finger slide between notes each time, making each time unique for the moment. Its the same reason that many people that go to a really good Opera, go to the same show repeatedly, its never the same emotion. Software cant do that without getting redundant. It may fool them a few times but they will eventually memorize the sound and recognize it like a sore thumb. Especially the conductor!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
VSL makes random strings sounds that are different each time.

I mean I am a musician so I get what you are saying, but I still think it takes LOTS of skill to do what we do, software or not. Difference now is I can just be creative and not worry about sampling rates or whatever.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
True but you can layer instruments, sample coughs, program the little things. Its all in the effort. Some are used to their body's effort other used to their mind/tweaking efforts. OwwWWWWWW!!!!!! *James brown voice* lol!

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Sounds like I need to sell my MPC and get MASCHINE. I'll have to weigh the pros and cons of me doing that. ALL of my beats (at this point) are sequenced on the MPC. Not really wanting to redo that junk all over again and learn new gear at the same time. But if it's really easy to use then, the obvious choice is to get that. The kid gotta step his game up ya' know?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
DJ X NOOOOOO! DONT DO IT! j/k, I honestly believe that Maschine is the right gear for the times. I don't own one but I have been doing a lot of research and reading every bit of info I can find on it. It appears as with any NEW piece of gear it has its qwerks but NI really seems to want their Maschine to be successful and when a company backs its work like they have, (new updates) it shows their confidence in their product.

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
You can load all your mpc songs in maschinr natively so no problem.

you can load the programs, not the .mid files/sequences. Unless you found a way to load mpc sequences in there?

...if so...cool lol.