Nicholas Kopernicus + Philly Cityscape = Dope video

Every time I think of dope samples I think 70's Movie Funk, that track is sick. It makes me think of huggy bear, from Starskey and Hutch. As a movie soundtrack the Korpernicus stuff is perfect. You could make a lot of money off of that and I really hope you do. I would like to see a part 2.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Not so crazy about the video, thought it was kind of long and boring for what it was.
Love the music, agree with 2Good that you guys should be able to make some bank with licensing if you get it in the hands of the right people. The album is great, still on rotation on my iphone.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
wow, so i'm going to be a total fan now.. you always hear the dialog of those with the ear and those who don't.. this is why i'm here.. i guess as a fan of hiphop and the techniques to improve.. it's odd for me to say i'm a fan cause i never really saw myself as one.. but fuck 'it

you gotta concede sometimes if you wanna see.. and your techniques have a composition that bleeds emotion.. the type of emotion that defines decades.

my name is Michael
and i'm just glad to be here

Every time I think of dope samples I think 70's Movie Funk, that track is sick. It makes me think of huggy bear, from Starskey and Hutch. As a movie soundtrack the Korpernicus stuff is perfect. You could make a lot of money off of that and I really hope you do. I would like to see a part 2.

this is all instruments right? It does sound like a very popular funk melody, which I have heard very similar, but I am assuming that it is live recordings from your booth with you in the composing seat, for specific (not all) instruments.

But did you use samples you had to license in this?

hey, either way this has LIFE and ENERGY.... sounds inspired from early Doors with the mellow-keys but not sampled and definitely ALIVE..

sorry for riding so hard..

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
this is all instruments right? It does sound like a very popular funk melody, which I have heard very similar, but I am assuming that it is live recordings from your booth with you in the composing seat, for specific (not all) instruments.

But did you use sample you had to license in this?
sup fam everything was played live in my home studio,

i wrote the tune with seon

I played Piano, organ, bass as well as drum programming and percussion(shakers, bells, pots pans).

Seon plays guitar(rhythm and lead)

The horn is just one saxaphone player(dylan heany), i just layered him about 8 times playing harmonies over the main melody.

Congas are played by my boy manual Lopez

vocals are by my girlfriend.

Thanks for the love fam

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I think the music complemented the video well. I see in certain parts where the music actually kept the video some what interesting. I can definitely see where this could lead to some indie picture or documentary file scoring. PROPZ.....

I think the music complemented the video well. I see in certain parts where the music actually kept the video some what interesting. I can definitely see where this could lead to some indie picture or documentary file scoring. PROPZ.....

Like said before and like you say, I wasnt really feeling the video at all, IMO it was a mish mash of footage.
What made it work was the beat. Without the beat the video wouldnt hold my attention at all.
The music held me in all the way till the end. It certainly gets the nod from me.
I think Classic has found his niche.