November 16-20, 2003 - WORLD ROUND 1: Maverick vs. K.O.

Who has the better beat?

• Maverick

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • K.O.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Sunday, November 16th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Maverick vs. K.O. battle in here.

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
peepin mavs...sample is cool, eit dropped..hmm, this is aiite, drums are ok, not a big fan of vocal sampled beats but this is cool, nice chops but that kick drum is really puttin me off the beat..ok beat

kos...nice melody, likin the atmosphere...kick drum is wack, is it the encoding of the files...peeped 6 battles and i dislike all the drums...bassline is hot, i kinda like this, its growin on me, lovin the vibe given off..nice beat

nice battle

vote-ko

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Maverick - Beat seems like its too empty. Needs something more too it.

K.O. - I got the same feeling from this track... Its needs something more to it. Maybe with some vocals it would sound ok, that happens sometimes.....

Cleverwon ProdukshunZ vote - undecided...

P

petediddy

Originally posted by cleverwon
Maverick - Beat seems like its too empty. Needs something more too it.

K.O. - I got the same feeling from this track... Its needs something more to it. Maybe with some vocals it would sound ok, that happens sometimes.....

Cleverwon ProdukshunZ vote - undecided...

bro, what are you talkin' about!?

at least in Mavs case... that track is a hummer... he's definatley on some Kayne West jazz... keep it up Mav, you got some comp coming from StraDiva's in the next round...

KO, sounds like youre just starting... find your rythme and keep it up... bold move to enter a contest but just that is enough to get my respect!!!;)

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
maverick: i can only say 2 words "DAMN GOOD"

ko: your stuff was awesome too. just didn`t grab me long enough

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yo i thopght both beats were real nice....

mav - intro was top notch.... great beat overall - needed sum bass i thought.... i liked thi beat.. my only complaint is that ive heard so many beats just like this lately from pros as well as everyone here in the forum that it seems kindof cliche

ko - yo i really liked this beat... you gotta get into kinda...it grew on me.... the choir sounds very cheap ... erything else is nice

vote goes to ko - i dunno i just see myself layin a hot ass ryhme over kos shit... just need to change that choir sound

J

JBE

definitely feeling both beats. i think both are pretty equal when it comes to the technical stuff, but in the end, i think mavericks sounded more professional, or more "finished."

vote- maverick

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Ok... I was undecided all day, but i've made a decision. I'm feelin K.O. a lil more. Mav sounds too much like Kanye. Holla!

Cleverwon ProdukshunZ vote - K.O.

M

maxveritech

nice beats by both producers, im just feeling maverick's a little more - the vocal sample is well nice! good luck to both of you!

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I think the reason people say my beat sounded empty is because it wasnt a SONG.....his beat sounds like a song i mean gosh a few vocal snippets here and there ok but damn it sounds like a song.....if yall herd the song to my beat all of you would have a different opinion cause all its missing is vocals.

C

Copenhagen

Alright peeps, thanks to both contestants in this battle of round 1 and to the people who voted.
Get ready for round 2!

(thread closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online