November 23-27, 2011 - FINALS: Yungbeats vs. Some Guy

• warzone (apr 26-27) signup begins in...

Who has the best beat?

• Yungbeats

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Some Guy

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Listen to this battle here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battle-that/battles/

Voting will begin at around 7am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

You can also discuss this battle in here.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
i started to use a sample beat......

It's not choosing a sampled track over a composed track for me. Hell I live in the "durty durty" ATL to be exact. Some Guy has just the right mix of composition and sampling in this beat and the structure is SICK.

I think if you would have drop'd a more uptempo dirty south joint u would be fairing better. U are still droppin' dope shit man so don't sweat it. I'll be looking out for your production around here. You've definitely elevated your status big time. Now you have to keep it up. I'm clawing my way back from a year or so lay off and some of your joints have been inspiring to me.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i liked both tracks... they both had good structure and everything... i had to nitpick to choose... so with that said, i didnt like the rapid hi-hat YB... sorry.. lol.. but who gives a fuck... the majority out there is gonna love it, and thats all that matters.. thats why im still doin it... there IS a fan base waitin to hear u.

da relic

yungbeats

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 183
I really dont wanna talk to much while the battle is still going on but i will say this

ldb 1st and formost respect bro you been really giving good insight on the tourny since jumpstreet. My opinion is when it come to a good sampled beat vs any other beat chances are the sample is going win especially if its something really soulful arranged right and mixed!!! I was going sample but i said what the hell it would be something to beat someguy with a dirty south joint because i knew he was coming with a flip....

And he came out and threw hadouken!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I was going sample but i said what the hell it would be something to beat someguy with a dirty south joint because i knew he was coming with a flip....

And he came out and threw hadouken!

lol...dude...I've been fighting that battle since day one on ILL. It's not that most on ILL HATE dirty south style beats (minus Fade and his disdain for synths which dominate theat genre...lol). It's just that most prefer throw back hip hop or dope sampled beats. You're fighting against the majority anytime u enter HEAVY dirty south style beats here. Especially if it has any similarity to what's on the radio. It is what it is..but don't let that stop you from doing YOU! Every now and then you may drop a dirty south BOMB that even the sample heads can't deny is the best. When that happens you can reallllllllllly feel good...lmao

I kind of like being the under dog when it comes to the competitions around here. I can get my sample shit on with the best of them but I prefer doing more composed beats that cater to where I am production wise and location wise. No way I'm selling heavily sampled beats in ATL so it's a waste of my time and effort! Other than a occasional sample flip and the fact that I still like to dig for fun I let sampling go along time ago. When u can combine the two you're on a diff't plain. Most can only do either or!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Yung beats flowed better, and had a very strong arrangement. Some Guy had a good track, but it didnt shine to me. In few words.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Yooo thanks for all the positive feedback peeps I appreciate it. I got mad respect for producers here. No politics, no sugar coating, just good hip hop.

I knew Youngbeats would come with some heat. I've been impressed by his tracks all tourny. I think I voted for him every round. His track is bangin I'm lovin it myself. I actually had a non-sampled track ready but since he was losing to Bucky I thought Bucky was gonna advance. And I got this flame thrower ready. So I just rolled with this. I was goin out with a bang if I was going out.

But I love that dirty south sound shit is hot. I'm not even really a sample guy believe it or not. But if its a hip hop battle you gotta come with bangers.

My opinion is when it come to a good sampled beat vs any other beat chances are the sample is going win especially if its something really soulful arranged right and mixed!!!

I've said it before but I really dont like matching up non-sampled vs sampled. Not because either one is better but because its hard to compare the two.

But at the same time, if you really believe that a sampled track is always gonna be hotter then why not come with a sampled track?? Its a battle its not a showcase. You gotta bring what you think will win.

No way I'm selling heavily sampled beats in ATL so it's a waste of my time and effort!

Thats the truth right there.

BTW I was listening to some of your tracks and its as good as anything I hear from the ATL. The production is radio ready. I dont know what better compliment I can give it.

lol..it didn't have enough baby oil on it.

I used the whole bottle. What else can a brotha do.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I used the whole bottle. What else can a brotha do.

Some of these Guy (pun intended) are hard to please....lol

Add glitter next time...

Better yet a Puffy and Mase shinny two piece...lmao

Thats the truth right there.

BTW I was listening to some of your tracks and its as good as anything I hear from the ATL. The production is radio ready. I dont know what better compliment I can give it.

Respect man. That compliment is more than enough. I really hope U, Yung, JD and Quiet Composer stay active around here. U guys remind me of how it used to be when I first joined.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Some of these Guy (pun intended) are hard to please....lol

Add glitter next time...

Better yet a Puffy and Mase shinny two piece...lmao

Aight. I'll buy a bedazzler for next year. I'm ready.

bedazzler-150x150.jpg

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I listened to both beats, twice.

SG's shit was DOPE...

YUNG by a pubic hair.... I think his overall composition of the beat was better...

I agree that you definitely need to speed up the tempo in these battles, because...if it wasn't for your overall composition, I would've voted otherwise.

SG - I think if you used the beat against Dacalion (Round 4) in this round, you would've had this one. That beat was by far the hottest beat in the competition.

SG, you got some heat, homie... Props to you, sir.

Yung, I was hoping that my vote was enough to give you the win....would've done the southern hip-hoppers some justice........and would've changed illmuzik forever..lmao.

I think next year someone would be taking this competition using zero sampled records.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
SG, you got some heat, homie... Props to you, sir.

Right on Sucio thanks for the props. Sorry I couldnt get the vote from you this year I'll try harder next year with my bedazzler.

I still think your first track was the baddest track in the entire first round. Out of 24 peeps.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I'm going with Yungbeats on this one. Some Guy's is dope, but something about Yungbeats' beat caught me, I likes!

Couldn't have been the synths....u loath those/

damn um edgamakated

Yung, I was hoping that my vote was enough to give you the win....would've done the southern hip-hoppers some justice........and would've changed illmuzik forever..lmao.

I think next year someone would be taking this competition using zero sampled records.

What da funk u drinking over there..lol That ain't eva...neva eva eva bout to happen here. I got two B's with dirty south "influenced" shit....that's as far as it's going. lmao

I love sampled music. I just think some members need to get off there high hip hop horse and respect dope beats no matter the style. I actually think we have a few members here now that can help change that attitude. A couple more members like Yung and Some Guy and things could get pretty damn interesting around here.

That Mr. Nice Guy "kissy kissy" member shhh is only working in a few peoples worlds.....so they think anyway.

The only thing that's going to grow ILL is diversity....not one member who thinks they have all the answers..not a mod, not even the site owner. It's members that drop dope shit, drop dope knowledge and don't look at certain genre's as "THE ENEMY OF HIP HOP".....

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online