Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Wednesday, November 24th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Classic vs. Tha1AndOnlyDJT battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
This was a tough one for me, well, many of the Battles are gonna be tought,,,but I had to go with Class on this one. I liked both tracks alot, but Class stood out to me. Tha1AndOnlyDJT was one of my votes for the last Beat This so I had a rough decision! Yall did what I expected and more, nice!

VAKSEEN

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
tight track class. def has a lot going on sound wise. i wouldve like to hear a lil more layering on the horns and guitar (to be more realistic) but it was still def tight.

funky guitar samp Tha1AndOnlyDJT. i dont know if its cause of the 64kbps quality but i could barely hear the bassline u got going. cool track tho.

overall i think classic's joint stands out more.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i liked both track here actually, DJT your track is a good beat but theres not much thats gonna stand up to class effort here its a beast imo so its gotta go to class ! but good work by both guys !

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reviews

Classic
Nice intro. Good use of that guitar, really nice low-end, nice changeups. No complaints.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT
Good laid back track, nice use of the guitar. My only complaint is that to me it seems like a loop, instead of being fluid throughout. Maybe the reverse cymbal made it sound like a 4 bar loop? But very nice track though.

ill o.g.
DJT-
- You had a nice beat. I love that. But you just got put up against the wrong person.

Class-
Rawest shit i heard from you so far. Dope track, i expected you to come through and you did.

Class gets my vote.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
well class, you been talkin it up for a long time now. and i gotta say, you came prepared. this is slick. only thing i don't like is the tom fill but yknow, everything else about this track is just so slick, i can't complain.

well djt, i like this beat. the only problem with your beat, is that it got matched against classic. lol. it's a good beat, but class just came a little harder.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
I have always been a fan of Classic's work. im more a sample type guy. hes not. if i could pick it would be classic. but our styles are so different. only if you guys could hear the last two beats i had loaded up for the battle.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Fade said:
I hear what you're saying, but I don't vote based on the 64kbps issue. If it's dope, it's dope!

True. i took that link out cause its not fair. i want to play fair.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
both good solid beats on this one, i have to go with class tho, that beat is just more style gets me hyped up

A

ACEBEATZ

Classic: Pros: Nice constructed track with variations, toms fill and such. We can see the work on the sequencing part.

Cons: The master is overload, so the beat clip digitally, losin points here.

DJ : Pros: Great overall loop, sounds clean and punchy.

Cons : Almost only one loop, that is...

Verdict: If DJ would have made more sequencing, sounding more professionnal and detailed, that would be my choice even if i prefer constructed songs than sampled.

Classic always do nice tracks, my point goes for him on that round altough the fact the track is clipping.

For this round, I chose - CLASSIC - ...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ummm damn these are both dope to me... ironically both went with the rock vibe... djt, respect. this is a tough one.

i have to say.... class showed, overall, more versatility... there were progressions instead of loops... but better? damn. DJT gets my vote on this..... i just like it better, but class showed more, uh, "skills" i guess you would say, but overall i dig this the DJT beat more.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Dam. this ones tough too.:)..........Class, i really think u came out big on this one.....But DJT was bangin too!......That guitar riff was nutts man.....I think class jus was a little more Diverse.

STEEZ

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Thanks For the comments guys. Congrats Classic, Good luck. We need to colab so i can get some of those keys on my samples.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Class' ; Composition is quite hectic, more subtly would do good. Try blending the instruments a bit so they don't sound too "preset" like, it gives a corny touch like that.

Tha1&OnlyDJT ; Too repetitive, the guitar becomes annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.