Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Wednesday, November 24th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Cleverwon vs. MoxOfBlazin battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

VAKSEEN

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
dam u flipped that joint clever. def a head nodder for some ol storytellin rhymes. dope $hit.

dope $hit MoxOfBlazin. def a cool r&b-ish composition.

2 very diff styles on this. i prob gotta go with clever on this. i think he had a clearer (more catchy) melody going.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Clev that beat is dope, one of my faves so far !
Mox - this is good after hearing clevs i knew it would have to be sumthing big to go up against that, but this pretty kewl completely different to clev but i do really like this, its good work !
Im gonna have to give this to clev but mox your beat is real good too !

jclay12345

JClay
ill o.g.
this was the hardest one for me to judge. Clev, that's my movie. You flipped that nice. Mox flipped his nice too. I was feelin both of them. I went with Mox cuz it just seems like he did a little more with it.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reviews

Cleverwon
Hahaha that kid is a good addition. Of course this whole track has a funny vibe to it, something you'd hear in a comedy movie. Very good job, nice use of everything, good changeups.

MoxOfBlazin
Very good. Sounds R&Bish (of course because of the voice!), but overall it's a good job. My only complaint is the snare smacks a bit too hard.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I'm voting for Cleverwon....

ill o.g.
Cleverwon gets my vote.

This shit made me wanna go make some beats. I had the feeling i heard this sample before, but i dont remember where. Perfect beat. I dont think i could change anything on this if it was mine. All the vocals fills and switchups were nice. def dope

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Thanks for the votes my niggas. Good battle.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
nice nice work clev, very dope beat. gets my vote. the intro was kinda long tho, so if the beat wasnt worth it i woulda been mad haha

MR_P

!
ill o.g.
Clev, intro was dope! I fucking love Richard Prior! Beat was completely crackers!!! LOL Loved it! Great samples and drums, the whole thing! Didnt get boring at all, well done!

Mox, Opened well man, got me hyped and the vocal snips went real well. Break down was dope too, really nice R&B style man, great work.

Im goin for Clev on this one!

Good Luck Guys

Peace

P

A

ACEBEATZ

Cleverwon : Pros : Nice intro, we can see the work, lot of sample tweakin, original vibe makin it different.

Cons : I see no big problem with that track.

Mox Of Blazin : Pros : Great sequencing, lot of variations and fills. The beat get ya hype...

Cons: Lack of low end power, the beat sound a little thin.

Verdict : I vote for the overall track work, and creativity result, sound being important but not a determinant factor as you can see in other votes I done. Since not everyone here knows how to master and do great mixes, nor being equipped with the last stuff.

This is hard to choose cuz they are both pretty good track, but for this one I choose Mox Of Blazin...

My choice is - MOX OF BLAZIN - ...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
uhhhh moxy... this goes to him..i love that clev joint, i had that on repeat sometime back, but moxy came niiiice, i had to get past that initial techno sound, but this is a better overall track to me, the progressions, this is a complete song to me. i can see it getting club spins just as is to be honest.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Cleverwon gets the Best Sample Flip Award.

I went with Mox because I would ride around bump'n that. Seems like an RNB beat but I could still hear an emcee on that.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Samples are NUTS clev!....G'DAM!,,,,,,,,THe part with the childeren singin the chorus/bridge part was fucking great!......Clev, is that yer kid?LOL

Yo, i automatically thought a this Playstasion game i had a long time ago called Ridge Racer 4.....the synth is like identicle in yer beat MOX....

Good battle guys.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Clever one ; Catchy theme, great layout, this tune will stick , nice drum programming.

MoxofBlazin'; Not my thing, but a thought-out composition. But lacks originality, bit of the old familiar.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Thanks. The girl is my niece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online