Odd question. But some responses PLZ.

buffalony

ill o.g.
Sup Ill Fam. Honestly. Have any of you had so much going on at once with your music production that you actually had/have to make a schedule for yourself?

I mean actually setting aside time for improving individual aspects of your production processes and skills.
Like specifying times set aside for working on samples, creating new loops, studying the current industry, learning/reading a little more about your programs, etc.

I've recently started doing this because of lack of production and I want to seriously know if anybody else does this or if I need another long break.

If you do have a little schedule that seems to be most productive for you, please holla back with a basic overview or brief explanation of how your managing your time.

Actually It might be just as helpful for some to give a simple no if you have never made a schedule.

Thnks

"Just S"

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i used to try to make 1 composed beat and 1 sampled beat a day, and a long with that read a little bit of theory and try to learn a new technique or concept every day, but then i got a job now i get lucky if i do all that in a week.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Waddup Stranger ( or "Just S" )

U don't mention how many hours you have left during the day to accomplish your musical needs. You don’t say how bad you are managing your time during your days. You seem very busy person.

You can set up any schedule as you want, but following it won't necessarly make you satisfied of your work. By not following it won’t make you go no where either. You sound like a perfectionnist... so if you add stress that life brings you, responsiblities, school, bills, handling people etc, you'll end up with sad tracks LOL : :just kidding : :

By Doing so many things in the same time , you'll burn in the process. You might be frusturated by the result of what has been done during the year that went so fast in your face. It's a matter of how bad you handle your time vs all the things you want to accomplish during short period. If you have a schedule, you might procrastinate. If you can sit down and dedicate at least 1 hour per day whatever if its reading, letting someone you trust giving you tips on something they master on their own… whatever if its a software, technics etc… you will improove your skills Faster and you’ll end up learning so much more that you expected at the end of the week.

Im sure you must have many great ideas to put into songs and many tricks to applyed in order to better yourself. Creativity must not be a problem for you.
You want to be productive in the quality of your music or in the process to better yourself ? Dedicate yourself on one thing at a time. Something that you need to improve yourself on. Its good to be organized, but if you have too many things to do, its not a schedule that will help making you more productive.

I know That life aint easy and its getting so much more expensive.... there must be no time to waist... I understand that…
But usually, people like you are so used to get not enough of sleep, work work work work... Look at u, writting your post a 5 in the morning...

I suggest that you Go back to your sources, deep in your heart when you used to make music without your politics and deadlines. The industry is all about that, you'll end up giving your soul to them.

Im sorry if im off subject or assuming things... and im sorry If a « no » would of been better instead of my message. But I felt like giving you a shoulder and to offer you my support. I hope your friends and family are not victims of your busy life. But anyways, You’ll be fine Buffalony.

Be blessed homeboy…

PG

ill o.g.
I stick to a general weekly schedule, but, as Producer Gyal suggested, for music I tend to keep my scheduling (1) detailed enough that I do what's planned, yet (2) broad enough that I can learn about what I wish to learn. That way, I'm still expanding my knowledge/experience in a subject, but I can do so creatively and flexibly. When it comes to something aesthetic, personal, and emotional like music, this is especially important. Or you WILL lose your passion.

For example, I set aside a few hours in my week for "Music." That means anything from reading about equipment, sound tweaking tips, or sound engineering; to experimenting with keyboard theory, drum patterns, or basslines; to all out beatmaking or production.

Having an open schedule like that might get some into trouble. But musically speaking, having an open schedule, a realistic goal, and the drive and determination to reach that goal, motivates me to improve without cramping my style. I don't plan to be a music teacher, and I don't plan to make "music" my primary source of income. I don't plan to be a master of classical piano performance, learn to play a real bass, or be a full-time DJ.

But I do plan to make music that appeals to the ears. I do hope to make some positive cash flow from the music that I create. I do plan play realistic and creative piano and bass parts, and I do plan to be able to work with basic cuts and scratches. I'm motivated to improve my song structure, marketability, keys, basslines, and turntablism, but am not so urgently pressed to do so that I'll FORCE myself to learn these things. Rather, as I continue to work, my desire to create a piece that's more beautiful than the last will lead me to pinpoint a weakness in one of those aforementioned categories--and I'll dedicate my scheduled "Music" time to improving that.

I have plenty of goals that will REQUIRE me to work/learn things I don't particularly enjoy...I'll leave the extremely detailed schedules, goals, and plans of action to things like my personal finances or my physical fitness. That doesn't mean I don't take my music seriously, just that I value music first and foremost for its entertainment value.

members online