1. The results of the Warzone Beat Battle are in! See what went down.

**Official**: IllMuzik meetups

1. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    This is something I've wanted to do for a very long time, and looking back, I should have, but there were many things beyond my control that prevented me from doing so, plus other personal issues....

So I think it's definitely about time. Seeing @Bugsy's thread about a meetup he had got me thinking about it again, so here we are.

First thing's first

I live in Montreal, Canada. There's not a great scene here at all (never really was), but I still want to try and have something locally. I'm thinking of traveling to Toronto (which has a better scene), if need be.

What I'm thinking we can all do

Instead of trying to have a massive meetup, I think the best option is for everyone to have local meetups so it's much easier for everyone to travel. We're talking about people from all over the world, so it's impossible for it to happen globally - except online.

So here's the deal - two versions:

Local Meetups

We need to figure out a way for everyone to be a part of a meetup. So if you live in let's say, Philadelphia, are you able to travel to New York? If you live in Los Angeles, can you make it to San Francisco? London to Manchester? You get the idea.

By having local meetups, they will ALL be OFFICIAL ILLMUZIK MEETUPS. This means it's all IllMuzik members plus others, of course, and everyone meets up to simply chill and play each other's beats. But also, it's a way for everyone to help each other out and network. Sort of like the forum Showcase but in person.

The great thing about doing it in person is everything can be documented. Think about all the video/audio/pictures we can get!

Online Meetups

I'm assuming this would be ideal for most people. I still don't know what's the best way (Skype? Hangouts?) but we have to figure it out.

In person, it's easy to talk to each other and play beats, but online, there's all sorts of factors to consider. Does everyone have a camera? Microphone? Do they use their phone? And how can they all chat/help/showcase all at once without it being a big, loud, mess?

Conclusion

This is in no way anything to do with beat battling. This is simply MEETUPS, which I think would be a great way for everyone to improve, hangout and do music.

I have a lot going on right now so I'm just putting this out and asking all of you to throw in your ideas and we'll take it from there.

So, any ideas?

2. Bugsy

Bugsy

ILLIEN
    Battle Points:
    I'm in Sydney, Australia. I can host the meetup. Recording and everything. just make sure to bring your beats and beer.
    I've got connections as well and can get you to play at a live venue.

The important thing is not to be timid, This is a good chance to network.

3. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    Great point. People I've met in person after knowing them online for a while, some get all shy lol.

4. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    Anyone else want to put their 2 cents in on this?

5. Kenyan Bunny

Kenyan Bunny

Battle Points:
    Well, I'm from Nairobi, Kenya. I can't travel out of my continent yet, But I'm down for the Skype meet ups.

Fade likes this.
  6. Silentz

Silentz

Formerly The Knoxvillan
    Battle Points:
    Seems alot of producers are that way. I have mild social anxiety so I guess that's why Id rather sit in a room and make beats than go out.

DEEZ BEATZ and JAY UNO like this.
  7. Memento Beats

Memento Beats

Battle Points:
    Hangouts are great to set up meetings. I work for a company which has offices around the world and sometimes we have trainings together on Hangouts and they are going well I'd say. But there are plenty apps and sites that can be used to do it. Official meet ups when we could meet each other in person would be great but it's hard to do it even if we would organize it locally. For example we could do meetings in some parts of Europe for the people that live in that part of Europe. For example Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Germany would have meeting together because it would be easy to join for everyone since those countries are neighbours. Then we could organize France, The Netherlands, UK together. Of course I'm just thinking loud now and these are free ideas I've just come up with. Because it would be almost impossible (unfortunately :( ) to gather everyone from each part of the world. Nevertheless, that's a great idea and I'd love to meet members of Illmuzik community in person because I love meeting new people and I have quite outgoing personality.

DEEZ BEATZ and Bugsy like this.
  8. ArvinArmani

ArvinArmani

Iranian ILL Beatmaker , workin of "Forbade" album
    Battle Points:
    is Iran in Trumps banned countries list ?

KNTDK likes this.
  9. JAY UNO

JAY UNO

ILLIEN
    Battle Points:
    Yo i got hella anxiety, ever day is a struggle. I got to literally do a high power work every day to burn that shit off. a couple years ago I was diagnosed with PTSD and bipolar, so fuck kanye, I was crazy first JK. My sister was the same way, suicide tho. RIP.

ercs and DEEZ BEATZ like this.
  10. JAY UNO

JAY UNO

ILLIEN
    Battle Points:
    You know what would be dope tho, like bugsy mentioned, putting on a official ILLMUSIK show. Could we set up venues like that?

11. Bugsy

Bugsy

ILLIEN
    Battle Points:
    The idea at the moment is to organize locally. get members and non-members to join in. if this all goes successfully, we can start planning for a global meetup.
    Hangout tho is a great suggestion. We can still do online meetups, hopefully, everyone has a webcam, mic, and at least a soundcard.

Just wanted to remind everybody, not to be shy.
    This is not a battle where we judge your music. It's more of a social gathering, cause we have been nested up in our rooms for too long ( God knows I've been )

Joining live beat battles and playing live sets has done so much for me, sound and creativity wise. I really would like for you guys to experience that.

DEEZ BEATZ and Fade like this.
  12. JAY UNO

JAY UNO

ILLIEN
    Battle Points:
    Lu
    Lucky, wish I was easily amused.

13. JAY UNO

JAY UNO

ILLIEN
    Battle Points:
    Anyways @Fade great idea, but maybe not for me I'm a lonely grumpy guy. I would be open for a show although I know it's hard to organize like memento beatz said.

14. Memento Beats

Memento Beats

Battle Points:
    It's not that I was always like that. I also used to be quite shy, weird guy (that's the opinions of the others) but I have changed a lot during the last two years because I worked as a salesman and then in customer service. I still work in customer service but rather indirect due to the fact that I'm communicating with customers via emails but I still have skills I acquired during my work as a salesman. I can't even imagine being lonely right now. :D I'm still fighting the demons of my past but I think I'm doing quite well. Now, I can strike up relationship with almost everybody no matter of their age, sex, social status or religious belief and even overwhelm somebody with my self-confidence. :) It's your life and you are free to do whatever you want and I'm not going to preach you or something but trust me loneliness is no fun. I've tried it and now I'm really fed up with being lonely.

Drago Zetić likes this.
  15. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    ****** SETTING UP ******

Ok so what would we all need to have a chat? I think the easiest solution would be a webcam. This way we can all video chat and not have to worry about too much configuration.

It could be a webcam, phone cam, tablet, etc. The microphones built into those devices should be sufficient, although it will of course pick up other noise in the room.

If you're like me and can't blast your speakers when playing beats, then we must have the option to capture the audio coming from the audio interface.

What kind of ideas/solutions do you guys have?

Drago Zetić likes this.
  16. Bugsy

Bugsy

ILLIEN
    Battle Points:
    Google Hangouts can stream the audio playing on your pc or laptop.
    I haven't used it in my phone so, hopefully, someone can chime in on this?
    I definitely would recommend doing that so we don't get sh** audio.

17. 18thDynasty

18thDynasty

Hip Hop Advocate
    Battle Points:

I found this video. I'm not certain if it answers your question but I am trying to find a way to make this happen. How many people can take part in a hangout? I believe it is 10 for google video hangout.

Bugsy likes this.
  18. Bugsy

Bugsy

ILLIEN
    Battle Points:
    Good stuff! also, note that having an audio interface eliminates the need for this.
    So if you guys have that, all you need is a webcam and a mic.

19. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    I'm going to check that video.

I found this article that says Hangouts has been increased from 10 to 25, but only for Business customers. BUT IllMuzik IS a Google Business customer!

Check this out: back when they first introduced that years ago, I integrated illmuzik into Gsuite as a Business setup. It was free at the time. A few years later they made it paid, but it stayed free for current accounts. So basically I have it for life lol.

Anyway, I just checked the settings but I don't see anything about a limit. So it SHOULD be 25 for us! We could have 1 person do the kicks, another the snare, etc and have a 25 piece beatmaking band. :woot:

18thDynasty and Drago Zetić like this.
  20. RizzakBeats

RizzakBeats

Battle Points:
    This idea is very nice! I would prefer to have the meetups in person, even when it means that there is just a small amount of illiens I could meet. But living in a small town like mine I would love to see some other producers and to just play some stuff and hang around, giving tipps each other and networking.