OMG Live 8 SWEET!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73

lmao ..u beat me to it...I just got the newsletter and was about to post it!

They just sent me links to download 2 free instruments because I just bought 7 last week, Operator and Drum Machines. $238 worth of shit free!!!!! I'm definitely upgrading to 8...they just made something great even better!

ONLY $59 TO UPGRADE WHEN IT DROPS....I think I'm about to shed a tear!

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I think with Ableton 8 they really hit the mark for what a lot of Ableton users wanted to see... including myself. That APC/Akai controller looks something vicious, groove templates, improved effects, no 128 limitation on midi, freaking nice looking vocoder with a mouse touch, etc etc. I never upgraded to 7 but I'm going to shell out for 8..

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Well their def finally starting intigrate some of the features I was hoping for like Improved warping and better Browsing as well as Improved Zoom Navigation to name a few....

Fucking figures...I jumped into offically purchasing Live instead of using cracked copies around V6, and of course now 8 kicks 6's butt! Grrrrrr......

Oh well, im stickin to Logic still, but I think i may have to purchase a copy of 8 for other activities as well....Looper was very impressive. So was the Groove Extractor pool. (Perfect for getting different variations from the MPC into Live).

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I've been beta testing Live 8......a one word description for it would be "SICK", if you get a chance to play with Live 8 you will cross over.....for music production I don't think anything is fucking with Ableton after 8 drops....NOTHING! For recording it's logic but for doing it with a producers state of mind it's 8!

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
ableton is probably the single piece of music software that actually made me look at selling my mpc 4k...I tried many different daws, and coming from hardware, ableton was the best at letting me do and work how I wanted to.

I'm only on 7, and it's a monster, 8 looks like the business tho

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I wish i had the mind or examples to really make use of something like that APC controller

members online